Next Season Forwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Next Season Forwards

Post by butt monkey »

NICKYKISS wrote:Micky Mac may see some time at 13 next year. The way Sam Powell played tonight makes him difficult to drop and Micky Mac can smash people regardless of playing at 9 or 13.
Not bring funny, but I can't see McIlorum walking back into this side as you suggest. Offers very little attack-wise and can only play in 15 minute spells too.

He is a hooker or nothing IMO
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

I think people are writing Lockers off too quickly.

IMO he's been brought back too often this season in particular when not fully recovered. I think the number of injuries has at times made SW take a risk, a risk which has repeatedly backfired.

This latest injury is a blessing in disguise IMO as it means he'll miss the 4 nations so he'll have an extended break to get fully fit.

Look at Gaz Ellis this year, looked finished, could well be MOS.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ian.birchall wrote:I do know SOL is on a contract but was stating my belief that he is not worth his cost/playing time anymore. If he got his wages only when he plays then he will be worth his £s even £s+.
He's played more games than Faz, Clubb or JT this season!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

sheepsteeth wrote:I think people are writing Lockers off too quickly.

IMO he's been brought back too often this season in particular when not fully recovered. I think the number of injuries has at times made SW take a risk, a risk which has repeatedly backfired.

This latest injury is a blessing in disguise IMO as it means he'll miss the 4 nations so he'll have an extended break to get fully fit.

Look at Gaz Ellis this year, looked finished, could well be MOS.
Has Ellis played more games than Lockers? MOS can't be right! It would be purely sentimental.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I feel uncomfortable about "let Clubb go" posts given that he may well have to retire because of a neck injury.
One thing I would say is that the 14 remaining heroes from last night deserve to be at the front of the queue next year. The likes of Sutton and Powell have stood up and be counted this year. We are lucky that, when we needed it, our young lads have stepped up.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The injuries have been the making of this team and a blessing in disguse.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

14? +Charnley +Sarginson.Who else is going?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No idea, It did not make any sense.
dontshootthemessenger

Post by dontshootthemessenger »

maybe he is taking it as a given that matty smith is going , as per the rumours ?
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

butt monkey wrote:
NICKYKISS wrote:Micky Mac may see some time at 13 next year. The way Sam Powell played tonight makes him difficult to drop and Micky Mac can smash people regardless of playing at 9 or 13.
Not bring funny, but I can't see McIlorum walking back into this side as you suggest. Offers very little attack-wise and can only play in 15 minute spells too.

He is a hooker or nothing IMO
I've done anything but suggest he walks back in, in fact I've put a barrier in his way by saying how difficult it is to drop Powell.

I must admit though I'm a huge McIlorum fan and I think he's a massive part of the club. I certainly don't agree that he only plays in 15 minute spells. He was playing 80 minutes till not that long ago and probably 50/60 mins last season. I think he could handle spells at 13 no problems and bring a lot to the position.

It's good to have options in my opinion.