On Reflection

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: On Reflection

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

stevethegas wrote:It has indeed been a funny old season, but at its conclusion it seems the positives outweigh the negatives by a fair margin.

There are 3 competitions, and 3 different clubs winning. That is very healthy for the game. With lots of carping about the new league structure, I think it's good. Delighted to see Leigh up, but of course at the price of Hull KR going down. Sorry for them, but you can't have a winner without a loser.

I felt the same on Saturday. As a true Wiganer I was quite hoarse leaving Old Trafford, but did feel a certain sympathy for the Wire. Yes, they won the LLS, but it doesn't seem to carry the kudos it should. That IMO is a mistake, and it should be given much greater credit - it's probably the hardest trophy to win of them all.

But, with a busted squad and all sorts of issues, we came away with silverware for the first time in 3 years. For that I take my hat off to the team and the club. Well done everyone.

I will most definitely be renewing my ticket next season.
None of them being Stains or Leeds!! :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett