Re: Williams to Wire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

fozzieskem wrote:Dont forget though the way they structured Batemans contract last year in his final year he is open to talk to NRL clubs at the very least.

I think the Williams to wire rumour is nonsense but the club will lose him to the Aussies in the next couple of years of that in sure
If George does go in the future I hope it is to Oz and I hope he smashes it over there. Apparently we can't produce top notch half backs. He is head and shoulders above any player of a similar age. I wouldn't let Patton or Lilley lace his boots.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Wire have Patton at half back.
Should Sandow or Gidley depart then they could easily bring another Aussie in.
Develop their own 6 like they've done with Patton at 7.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Pita Godinet
markill

Post by markill »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Wire have Patton at half back.
Should Sandow or Gidley depart then they could easily bring another Aussie in.
Develop their own 6 like they've done with Patton at 7.
They also have young Morgan Smith who is highly rated. But if they can get Williams then they would take him. I can't see us letting him go but money talks. He would count as more on Wire's cap as Sam does on ours though, as he isn't developed by their own club. Another reason for us to keep him and re-up him in a couple of years to a mega bucks contract.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

This is not only about strengthening your own team BUT weakening one of your main rivals at the same time

Heard the rumour on Monday and dismissed it BUT Wire have had a long-standing interest in him for some time now. Maybe they are prepared to pay big bucks for him now? :doz:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

What IL also needs to think about is the financial impact losing Williams would have on the club!! Williams despite his kicking regularly on the 3rd has been a shining light in what has been a generally unexciting season. Surely the loss of George would seriously effect next seasons, season ticket sales. No one player is bigger than the club, but you still need to build a team around someone and for me that someone is super leagues most exciting player....George Williams.

Matt
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Just watched the end of season awards on Wigan tv. Il alluded to us getting big money offers for some of our players on regular basis... I did think of the Williams rumour, he seemed to dismiss it saying something about loyalty and culture.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The booze hound wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:Dont forget though the way they structured Batemans contract last year in his final year he is open to talk to NRL clubs at the very least.

I think the Williams to wire rumour is nonsense but the club will lose him to the Aussies in the next couple of years of that in sure
If George does go in the future I hope it is to Oz and I hope he smashes it over there. Apparently we can't produce top notch half backs. He is head and shoulders above any player of a similar age. I wouldn't let Patton or Lilley lace his boots.
I think he would and will when he do goes as he surely will,i too wouldnt mention those other 2 in the same breath as Williams,and i dont think hes anywhere near the finished article yet either.

But the NRL will come as surely as they will come for Bateman.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

fozzieskem wrote:
The booze hound wrote:

I think he would and will when he do goes as he surely will,i too wouldnt mention those other 2 in the same breath as Williams,and i dont think hes anywhere near the finished article yet either.

But the NRL will come as surely as they will come for Bateman.
Will be shocked if Williams goes to the NRL they seem to avoid British 6 and 7. Bateman might do just hope he wants to stay in the UK for his kids education.
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Heard a whisper last night Wire are willing to pay him £250,000 a year,does anybody know how the marquee signing works can it be changed yearly? Could Williams be made marquee player for next season and how much is he currently on at Wigan? Not a player we can afford to lose.