Referees

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
earl_crabtree_wanna_be

Re: Referees

Post by earl_crabtree_wanna_be »

the try they dint allow wuz actually given by the forth official, cos he wer stood ther with his hands behind his back, which he does when thers no problem, then when the ref came over he looked round, saw no1 wuz sayin owt, then called the forth official over, n asked him sumthin, n the try werent given. wots that all about??
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Yeah when we scored the try, the fourth official actually shook his head and ran towards the sticks for a drop out I think. KK was about to give it but actually called him over to ask if it was grounded (which it was) and he just shook his head. He was in a very good position to see that try the fourth official so why wasn't it given?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
earl_crabtree_wanna_be

Post by earl_crabtree_wanna_be »

think its drugs related
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Probably! That or ionisation, who knows ey!?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

See - it's not just me that's paranoid!

Couldn't see the disputed tries from where I was, so I'll accept the South stand "collective wisdom"!
I do know that their third try followed a blatant knock on when we lost the ball, should have had the tackle count wiped (or a scrum), followed closely by 2 high shots on Carney, one of which he got a telling off for looking daggers at the TJ (who managed to miss them both fron 2 yards away)!

And, despite the ref, we outscored them on tries...just an off day for Danny's goal kicking.
true we still were panicking too much near their line, too much dropped ball, wild passes, etc. One thing that showed was our lack of a big crashing prop to score from a yard out...sorry but I wasn't impressed with Jerry S. today - seemed to be stood aroung doing nothing when the ball came to him, instead of running onto it.
One other point I'd agree with...does no-one outside of Kev Brown's family use the text voting? That was bizarre.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

i have refrained from posting for three weeks because i could not think of anything POSITIVE about the club,but have to comment how it is ALWAYS the refs fault when we lose,i asked a question a few weeks ago,is this the WORST team you have seen?i remember our relegation team and they have e similar look about them.all i can say is TAKE YOUR RED SPECS OFF and see the lack of ability as it really is. :blush: :blush:
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Granted last nights performance wasn't wonderful. Started to look like we had depth in our attacking lines and that just faded as they panicked.

However have to agree with most comments relating to referees. They are not consistent enough and have pulled Wigan countless times this year for technical penalties ie offside from kickoff (every team in league does it), obstructing defenders coming through chasing kicks, tackling a man with by his legs (god knows we should have gone high because he certainly wasn't penalising London for it last night).

I was delighted to see a linesman make a decision last night instead of sticking his flag where the sun dont shine. But he made one for Moran roughing somebody up a bit and then missed a series of high shots on several players

That said we have enough possession and territory in the 2nd half to have won the game comfortably

Lack of class and composure to finish off the game
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Didn't see the game.

Apparently the ref was awful again. Reading match reports this morning and the ref does get a mention
"Warriors closed the gap with a hugely controversial try.....Rae furiously confrontng the ref KK".

Not a single mention of this in all of last nights posts.

TAKE YOUR RED SPECS OFF and see the lack of ability as it really is.

Blaming refs for results is the mentality of village team supporters ie: Leigh, Featherstone and the likes of Batley or whoever.

Some other quotes "

Millward will have to make major changes to this squad......Wigan booed of for the 2nd successive time........Wigan no fluency to their play...poor organisation....Wigan were lucky to survive....Wigan's play increasingly desperate....There are few plus points for Wigan....London well organised ....passing game and pace always gave them an edge....London were good vaue for the win"
TAKE YOUR RED SPECS OFF and see the lack of ability as it really is
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

I felt the booing was for Krappatrick actually. It's been strange this season, in that we have been awful but have lost 5 games by one score where the referee has cheated us. (Wakefield away, Bradford home, Warrington away, Huddersfield home where the winning conversion missed, and last night) I've come away from nearly every game over the last couple of years talking about the referee, The difference is that for nearly 2 seasons at home, we were good enough to beat the officials as well, but we're not any longer.

For the second try, they won possession with a clear offside. The man who collected possession was 3-4 yards in front of the London player who had just touched the ball. Some of the penalties he gave them were a joke. Twice he penalised us for lifting the foot, yet London did it more often that us and weren't penalised once. With Prescott who was playing impressively, they lifted his foot and twisted it so that he had to go off injured! A penalty for offside where our player completed the tackle 12 yards from the play the ball, yet as always, Newton can't get a penalty for running at an offside player. Carney getting spoken to for getting tackled round the head.

I actually gave up complaining about decisions last night. It wasn't worth the effort. Still, change about 10 of the players and we'll be able to overcome the officials again.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

wiresphs posted:
:D If it makes you all feel a little better, in my opinion K.K. has been one of the poorest refs this season, i am sooo glad that we cant have him for any of our games! :)
u dont knoe how lucky u r
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME