Relegation for wigan this season ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dawber

Re: Relegation for wigan t...

Post by Dawber »

ahhh forgot about Jerome (appologies),
But that is still only two players one of wich is no longer with the club,
In your post you said players not players/coaching staff,
You seem to forget how many inuries this club has had,
We did not bring him in for the sake of it, it was a must and just for the record Nigel-a-Jones has left/leaving the club, So what do you suggest in this case not bother replacing him and carry on for the rest of the season without a fitness conditioner?, but then again you probably would,
Go and find a wolves board and annoy them for a while, I can't believe how much time you spend on here,
C ya
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

primrose-n-blue posted:
I've said it before (5 weeks ago) in other posts that by game 23 you'll be on the same points as salford (and possibly widnes too) and having a relegation 4 pointer match.

And I was deadly serious, not trying to wind you up. Take a look at all your coming fixtures.

Only thing that will keep us up is the fact that Leigh are poor and Widness are worse than us. Wakey are more than likley going to be fighting for relegation as well as the Reds.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

I agree gimble we're right up there with the bottom 4 or 5. :conf:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
I agree gimble we're right up there with the bottom 4 or 5. :conf:
As i see it we will be mid table by Sept 6-7-8. It speaks volumes when we do not bring in any cover for the squad. This sounds like 96-97 all over. We get in trouble then financially and gut the team and bring in new players for the next season.

Weve just been linked in all papers today with Matt Orford. Seems big names as well as the youngsters are going to get the door shown to them.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I don't see how buying 2 players (one of which has gone) to replace 4 constitutes a buying spree.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

GeoffN posted:
I don't see how buying 2 players (one of which has gone) to replace 4 constitutes a buying spree.

Do you think that the squad will be similar to the one we have today next season.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

thegimble posted:
GeoffN posted:

Do you think that the squad will be similar to the one we have today next season.
Hope not! We should have O'Loughlin and Hock back, plus the new signings...I think Millward is doing the right thing having a good look at all our players, before deciding where he thinks our priorities are. I just hope it's IM rather than ML making those decisions.
I can envisage all the Academy players getting a look in at some stage (maybe even Desi!).
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

GeoffN posted:
thegimble posted:
GeoffN posted:

Hope not! We should have O'Loughlin and Hock back, plus the new signings...I think Millward is doing the right thing having a good look at all our players, before deciding where he thinks our priorities are. I just hope it's IM rather than ML making those decisions.
I can envisage all the Academy players getting a look in at some stage (maybe even Desi!).
At leat 7-8 will go and will be replaced. We already have 2 with Gualvo almost a certainty. Some bug names will go.

At leat a quarter of the squad will go if not more. The over reliance on youth has cost us. Ok we did over stretch on the Cap but wed have benn better getting rid of Faz 2-3 years ago when we gor rid of so many other than let him stay and go now.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I don't think so. Every time we lose we get this relegation talk. I am far from happy at last nights result and I still feel we threw the game away however I'm staying positive that Millward will at least bring in some new tactics and calm the players down a bit. We're far too panicky when we're losing.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

thegimble posted:
GeoffN posted:
thegimble posted:
At leat 7-8 will go and will be replaced. We already have 2 with Gualvo almost a certainty. Some bug names will go.

At leat a quarter of the squad will go if not more. The over reliance on youth has cost us. Ok we did over stretch on the Cap but wed have benn better getting rid of Faz 2-3 years ago when we gor rid of so many other than let him stay and go now.
We still need a full back, centre, half back and 2 props after signing Fletcher, Richards and Gulavao!!