Take over talk again.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
billyboy

Re: Take over talk again.

Post by billyboy »

Fraggle posted:
billyboy posted:
According to a posting on another thread, Maurice God has promised that he will announce the signing of an international forward next week. Maybe 2 & 2 are making 5, but there is a possibility.
Friday's match day programme said there was a 3rd signing to come from Chairman Mo's trip Down Under to go with Fletcher and that other guy (Pat Richards?). No mention of who, but the international forward could be this mystery player?
This could be Gulavao(excuse the spelling - I'm not sure what it is). Other postings are suggesting that Lindsay is waiting for him to prove his fitness before signing him. Previous experience has shown he has never let a triviality like that stop him.

I don't usually take much heed of rumours (just look at the players we have been linked with on this board in the last 3/4 days - enough to start our own league!) but my interest has been taken by the posting from mrs-carney on the 'how many transfer' thread.

Equally interested to see if anything does come from the take-over story.
Paul Cullen's eaten my dictionary!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Well SBW has just re injured himself for another 4 to 8 weeks, this is now looking the most likely signing!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

Forgot to mention in previous posting. Did anyone hear Schofield's comments on the RL Show this morning re unrest in Wakefield's dressing room?

According to him it sounds like real trouble there. Wonder if Korkidas would be available?
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Didn't watch it, was nursing hangover but would like to know what he said?
My mum says he mentioned Wigan being as likely as anyone else to be relegated
*shakes head in disbelief*

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

MrsLam posted:
Didn't watch it, was nursing hangover but would like to know what he said?
My mum says he mentioned Wigan being as likely as anyone else to be relegated
*shakes head in disbelief*
Your mum's right. They were discussing who would win what and who would be relegated now that we are at the half way point of the season. He said that Wigan couldn't be ruled out of relegation but thought that Leigh and Wakefield would go down because of all the dressing room trouble at Wakefield.He didn't specify who was arguing with who, but was quite definite that there was big trouble there. Hope your head's better. I have a bad head after that result from Odsal.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Thanks for that Billyboy! My heads fine now, thankfully didn't get to watch the second half of Saints because I was at Church. Got some good players there, I like Demetriou but if we're talking of Carney leaving Domic could be a good investment. There was talk last year of Jeffries replacing Lammy, wouldn't have minded that but my first choice was Moran, I've always (dis)liked him for single handedly winning the match for London against us quite a few times.

Korkadis hasn't done much this year, would Wakefield be happy to get rid of him and if so would we be happy to take him on?

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

If we were taking someone from wakefield i'd have to say rooney, he's really impressed me this season.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Thanks for that Billyboy! My heads fine now, thankfully didn't get to watch the second half of Saints because I was at Church. Got some good players there
Where, at church? I've not heard of churches having rugby teams before, I thought that was only schools, colleges and towns...? :cool:
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I know we aren't playing well, but I must admit I never thought of going to church!! Well done MrsL - I expect to see an immediate upturn in our fortunes!!
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

jinkin jimmy posted:
I know we aren't playing well, but I must admit I never thought of going to church!! Well done MrsL - I expect to see an immediate upturn in our fortunes!!
To be honest, I think that if we signed the Big J.C. and the twelve Apostles this season we would struggle.

I see that Radlinski is now out for at least two months. Despite what IM says, I really do think that we need some short term (not panic) signings. Yes, I know the obvious question 'Where from'. I don't know. I just hope that we are looking for at least some decent loan signings.