Defence

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wormburner

Re: Defence

Post by Wormburner »

Was Isa injured? or was he simply pulled so Joel could have a run out, if the latter is the case then i think it's a bit piss poor that a player who played a big part in our success last year and earned his place in todays game gets ousted over a has been who has been out for over a season :conf:

Apart from that it was a fantastic win :) :) :)
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wormburner wrote:Was Isa injured? or was he simply pulled so Joel could have a run out, if the latter is the case then i think it's a bit piss poor that a player who played a big part in our success last year and earned his place in todays game gets ousted over a has been who has been out for over a season :conf:

Apart from that it was a fantastic win :) :) :)
was Isa not just replaced by Bateman? and you could not Dault Joel today he stould up and put some big hits in when needed.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

But Joel did not earn the right to play in that game imo, Isa did, Isa misses out on a rare winners medal/ring and Joel gets gifted one after playing only 2 games in the space of a year. Not on in my mind
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wormburner wrote:But Joel did not earn the right to play in that game imo, Isa did, Isa misses out on a rare winners medal/ring and Joel gets gifted one after playing only 2 games in the space of a year. Not on in my mind
It's horses for courses and if we hadn't won you wouldn't be on this track!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Never mind, it doesn't really matter all that much, just something i got fixated on at half time :blush:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Enjoy the rest of this great day Mr Burner. :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I hold my hands up - I was worried about Escare in defence but he was outstanding. That left side is going to score some points this season if they can all keep fit.

Thought 16 of the Wigan 17 were virtually faultless (I'll leave it to guess the odd one out) but I thought the Hicks performance was awful. The lying-on - the cheap shots - leading in the tackle with the forearm - he ignored them all but worst of all was the fact that Cronulle played the match with 14 on the field. The 'water-carrier' was on the field for the whole of the second half and was dictating the plays when they attacked. Bizarre!

Great result though and it obviously meant an awful lot to SW.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Southern Softy wrote:I hold my hands up - I was worried about Escare in defence but he was outstanding. That left side is going to score some points this season if they can all keep fit.

Thought 16 of the Wigan 17 were virtually faultless (I'll leave it to guess the odd one out) but I thought the Hicks performance was awful. The lying-on - the cheap shots - leading in the tackle with the forearm - he ignored them all but worst of all was the fact that Cronulle played the match with 14 on the field. The 'water-carrier' was on the field for the whole of the second half and was dictating the plays when they attacked. Bizarre!

Great result though and it obviously meant an awful lot to SW.
x

I blame Alfie Langer! But yeah it's right out of order.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wormburner wrote:But Joel did not earn the right to play in that game imo, Isa did, Isa misses out on a rare winners medal/ring and Joel gets gifted one after playing only 2 games in the space of a year. Not on in my mind
That's Sport!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cherry.pie wrote:
That's sport. You pick the players who you think are most likely to win you the game. Sometimes that means leaving out someone who has been playing well. Joel was picked as an interchange loose forward, just as he was against Salford. Isa was playing second row (and did well there against Salford). It was Bateman who took Isa's place, not Joel, who simply kept his place after a decent first game of the season. Had Joel played badly against Salford I could understand why there'd be surprise, but it was O'Loughlin and FPN who were poor at the AJ Bell.
Hahaha sorry Cherry just seen your opening comment when I came on page 2, was not copying you, great minds and all that!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett