Wigan v Wire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Wigan v Wire

Post by Caboosegg »

im actually concerned about this week. the leigh game single handedly remove two major attack threats from our team. to lose both wingers when already 1 down.

i hope for a Win but i expect Warrington to throw everything at our weakend edges.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The key issue i dont think will be attack but defending.

Kevin Brown will be peppering the wingers i would imagine so we need to shut him down. Our attack i dont think should suffer too much as the main points of the attack are still there yes we are losing finishing ability but its probably thats a loss less weakening than if we had lost williams or tommy.

I expect many a high bomb tomorrow
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Brown and Patton will try and kick us to death with having two inexperienced wingers.
A case of having to chase down their kickers and force them behind their line to get the kick away. When we get there tackle them to the ground (Legally) so they can't race ahead and play their team mates on side.
That way if they are in front of their kicker our catchers will have 10 yards and a bit of time.
They are always up for games against us and with our team sheet it will give them extra motivation.
We can win this but it is a hell of a test for all the players who will play.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The ticket I fully expected to be in the post today hasn't arrived. :( Usually they are very good, but I was planning on leaving tomorrow before the post arrived; I'll have to hang on for it now.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Personally, I would play Forsyth, Davies and Marshall and leave Isa in the pack. Forwards win matches! The experience will stand these lads in good stead and benefit the club in the long term. Lockers and Joel need to be managed to get the best out of them, Joel replacing Lockers is the ideal arrangement in my view.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Personally, I would play Forsyth, Davies and Marshall and leave Isa in the pack. Forwards win matches! The experience will stand these lads in good stead and benefit the club in the long term. Lockers and Joel need to be managed to get the best out of them, Joel replacing Lockers is the ideal arrangement in my view.
I agree!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Team sheet for tonight.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Sentational!!!! Dave Marshall's lad in again. 0-16 with less than 19 mins gone!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

We've been as solid as warrington have been poor.

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

escare having another good game worth keeping hold of this lad