Robin Park Arena

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Robin Park Arena

Post by No straw damn us »

Peet_1987 wrote:I hope this happens as we all know that the little FA cup heros of Wigan have had their time in the sun and need to stand on their own to keep as they put it 'Our Ground' going
It would be very interesting if on matchday (1st team) Wigan had a bar and function rooms available at the Arena and used those instead of the South Stand Bar and lounges at the DW. As for moving the equipment from Orrell I don't see that as a major issue as there is plenty room under the stand and the players could park where they park now for 1st team games if they were to train at the arena.
If Wigan RL were to move the whole backroom office/staff to the arena then obviously there would be some expenditure necessary but that would probably covered by the sale of Orrell which really would be difficult to develop any further due to it's location in the middle of a housing estate.
doc

Post by doc »

I believe most of the office staff are now based at Central Park. The wrestling pit is allready there and it would be easy enough to move the gym there and use the track/field at the arena for training outdoors
jao711

Post by jao711 »

No straw damn us wrote:
Peet_1987 wrote:I hope this happens as we all know that the little FA cup heros of Wigan have had their time in the sun and need to stand on their own to keep as they put it 'Our Ground' going
It would be very interesting if on matchday (1st team) Wigan had a bar and function rooms available at the Arena and used those instead of the South Stand Bar and lounges at the DW. As for moving the equipment from Orrell I don't see that as a major issue as there is plenty room under the stand and the players could park where they park now for 1st team games if they were to train at the arena.
If Wigan RL were to move the whole backroom office/staff to the arena then obviously there would be some expenditure necessary but that would probably covered by the sale of Orrell which really would be difficult to develop any further due to it's location in the middle of a housing estate.
. I was thinking more about parking for 15,000 spectators.