Re: Sean Wane is a fraud.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Trouble is with a full set of personel and the standard of the league Wanes one game plan tends to work or get us close so it means he will always get by because we wil get players back and we will win again and the happy clappers will pour scorn on anyone who dared to question Wane.

I think the injury "crisis" is now not really classed that far if you don't look at the personnel but look at the strength of the position we are losing.

Full back - LT has played there before for the first time so while escare would be an improvement LT is hardly terrible. Sam T is an unknown we dont even know if he will come back yet

wings - we are without 2 first choice wingers but have unearthed 2 gems who are performing as good as any other established wing in the league

centres - we have been hit here however this position is weak across the league there are very few good centres, ISA has played there a number of times so its not alien to him and he is a superleague starting player

Halves - at full strength

Hooker - at full strength

2nd row - We are missing bateman, JT has had a good season but Farrell is a nailed starter here so only missing 1 second row on the side we dont attack down

props - missing flower but FPN and TT would be considered our starters so we arent really that down on strength

Thing is you can get caught up in the number of players we have injured but a lot of them wouldnt see much game time normally anyway.

We should be more than strong enough for wakefield
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
doc

Post by doc »

For me we are missing our first choice centres badly, especially Gelling who makes so many yards coming out of our own 20 and has that x-factor about him. We are also missing Sam /Escare as Tierney does not act as the extra pivot as effectively as the other two at full back. The form of Marshall and Davies has meant we have not missed Budgie and Manfredi. Employing the same game plan throughout all the teams at the club allows players to slot into the first team easily and is partly the reason why we haven't found ourselves in the same position as Leeds were last season. The only criticism I would make of Wane, bearing in mind the injury situation, is to take Micky mac and Lockers off at the same time. We need one or the other on the pitch at all times to organise the defence.

When you compare the squad we had out today vs what I consider our best 17 below there is a huge gap in experience and ability.

1) Sam
2) Manfredi
3) Gells
4) Gildart
5) Budgie
6) Williams
7) Tommmy
8) FPN
9) Micky
10) Flower
11) Farrell
12) Bateman
13) Lockers
14) Clubb
15) Tautai
16) Joel
17) Powell
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The average age of the squad today was 23!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Caboosegg wrote: :roll: yep just remind me again hows the other team in a injury crisis doing again?

can we improve sure. is it bad currently yes.

its fact that the club play a structure all the way through this is allowing us to slot in young players not ready and cope... coping is different to thriving. we got lucky that marshal and davis have been as good as they have.

wells is looking good. but they and the other youngster are not up to superleague speed yet.

or look at it another way. is castleford where in our situation for as long as we have been where would you expect them to be?

I can't see how we are coping given the amount of points we've won since beating Catalan at home .
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

God wrote:"You can't win anything with kids". Alan Hansen circa 1995 referencing Man Utd.

If you are good enough you are old enough and Wigans youngsters are more than good enough.
United didn't win the league that season with just kids. The average age of the united side that season was above the average in the Premier League. Just saying.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

God wrote:At present cant win an argument let alone a game of rugby, I think the man is a fraud.

Just a glorified motivator in my eyes who is trying to do everything himself with no tactical nouse, yet passes himself off as a "coach" with tactical knowledge. Players have won games despite of Wanes influence and this so called injury crisis is proof.

Never have I seen 2 young wingers as good as Marshall and Davis, the forwards missing just Bateman because let's face it Flower hasn't been the same player and is easily replaced by Navarette and Sutton.

Clubb we didn't need last year, yet here we sit with the top 4 a pipe dream, middle 8s looking more likely and an excuse "Injuries"

The game management is becoming a joke, we can forget about players returning because it will be far too late.

Today yet another example of bad tactics, bad game management and poor decision marking.

I can hear you say "It was only a matter of time for the Wane out comments to arrive"

But if you want to swallow what he's serving up then be my guest, I'm now convinced the man is a complete fraud.

Sorry to say but you are right. Having watched Wigan for over 50 years I have to say this is the worst tactically coached side I have seen totally one dimentual with no plan a let alone b. For the first 15 minutes today we played open rugby passing ball along lines and go forward we go 20 points up so then we change complete structure of play and revert to one man rugby up the middle against a team that have won games all season with taking on teams up the middle. Todays team was well capable of beating the Wildcats. But to lose in this manor from 20 nil up is inexcusable and the blame lies solely with Wane. If he loves Wigan like he professes then he should walk away and let someone fresh stop the rot while we still have the team and youth to do so. And please don't come back with he won the grand final last year. Because with the players he had at his disposal we should have won more than we did. I await barrage of abuse but believe me cant make me feel any worse than have felt in watching the tripe we have been fed for months and months. : :(
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:The average age of the squad today was 23!
Somebody needs to remind Wane.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

For me the biggest problem is Wane won't change his tactics based on personal, we rely on centres and wingers clearing our lines, this is where we are struggling, we are short of centres. He insists on playing split halves, this relays on a 3rd ball player, in our case the fullback or lockers, our current fullback is a support player, and lockers only plays half a match, hence we look clueless in the opponents 25. Our attacking options are on the left, Williams back against the grain or a dab behind, and on the right lulu to fullback hoping to create a space or a high kick.

Today we were undone by the drop off, that's one out of Moses' coaching manual, they look clueless in attack, and almost like a team trying to get the coach sacked.
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Trouble is with a full set of personel and the standard of the league Wanes one game plan tends to work or get us close so it means he will always get by because we wil get players back and we will win again and the happy clappers will pour scorn on anyone who dared to question Wane.

I think the injury "crisis" is now not really classed that far if you don't look at the personnel but look at the strength of the position we are losing.

Full back - LT has played there before for the first time so while escare would be an improvement LT is hardly terrible. Sam T is an unknown we dont even know if he will come back yet

wings - we are without 2 first choice wingers but have unearthed 2 gems who are performing as good as any other established wing in the league

centres - we have been hit here however this position is weak across the league there are very few good centres, ISA has played there a number of times so its not alien to him and he is a superleague starting player

Halves - at full strength

Hooker - at full strength

2nd row - We are missing bateman, JT has had a good season but Farrell is a nailed starter here so only missing 1 second row on the side we dont attack down

props - missing flower but FPN and TT would be considered our starters so we arent really that down on strength

Thing is you can get caught up in the number of players we have injured but a lot of them wouldnt see much game time normally anyway.

We should be more than strong enough for wakefield
I disagree. Escare, Manfredi, Budgie, Gelling, Gildart, Flower, Clubb, Bateman and Joel would have been in the 17 today. If they had all played then we would have won our last three games comfortably. LT is not a full back, Isa is not a centre, Worthington is but a kid, Nav and Field have a lot of improvement to make as does Wells who played more minutes than any other forward.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

We heard similar stuff last year. I prefer to reserve judgement til the end of the season.

Remind me again, who are World Club Champions?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐