That's it

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: That's it

Post by thegimble »

acwrlfc wrote:The players are in for a "hard week " so potentially injuries in training for next week and players looking goosed before the kick off next sat
Now stop it injuries never happen due to hard training just ask the happy clappers on here who shoots you down for even thinking that as there is no evidence and all sides have them.

Just we have had it worse for the last 3 years. But ohh hey
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

acwrlfc wrote:The players are in for a "hard week " so potentially injuries in training for next week and players looking goosed before the kick off next sat
flogging a dead horse wont make it run faster

If i were Wane i wouldnt do any training for the first half of the week i think they all need to sit down as a group and watch the last 7 games and identify the issues. Talk to eachother as a team and make a plan as a team how they are going to turn things around

Wanes biggest issue is he has no secrets up his sleeve so when "hit em 'ard" isnt working he's fresh out of ideas
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

On the topic of this constant re signing of players,it has to stop,in my eyes you leave the greatest club in the world,usually for a nice wedge of cash (no issues from me on that)but don't expect to come back,why should they get a second bite if the apple?

The pool of talent is immense at Wigan and frankly it is has been in the past been held back by the returnees,sport isn't about second chances in,it's about winning,players come and go,the one constant is the club,it always comes first,it's a self serving master that is full of memories of past greats and current ones,no it has to stop it must be disheartening to the young lads when yet another player comes back.

Take josh Charnley he'd won everything at the club,the time was right for him to go and I wish him well I don't expect to ever see him in a Wigan shirt again and no I wouldn't have broughtnBydgie back either even as good as he can be.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote:On the topic of this constant re signing of players,it has to stop,in my eyes you leave the greatest club in the world,usually for a nice wedge of cash (no issues from me on that)but don't expect to come back,why should they get a second bite if the apple?

The pool of talent is immense at Wigan and frankly it is has been in the past been held back by the returnees,sport isn't about second chances in,it's about winning,players come and go,the one constant is the club,it always comes first,it's a self serving master that is full of memories of past greats and current ones,no it has to stop it must be disheartening to the young lads when yet another player comes back.

Take josh Charnley he'd won everything at the club,the time was right for him to go and I wish him well I don't expect to ever see him in a Wigan shirt again and no I wouldn't have broughtnBydgie back either even as good as he can be.
I dont mind us re-signing players IF they have gone on to improve. Every single player we have re-signed was a flop at their destination (harsh on budgie because at souths he looked quite handy)

Its the indiscriminately handing out contracts to players who have left and not improved
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

How Fell hasnt been given a chance at FB after a few under par performances from Tierney I don't know , surprised J Tomkins got a new contract aswell.

Like previous have said a hard week isn't needed, a smart week is needed. It seems to me like Wanes affect has run its course unfortunately. Love his enthusiasm but I feel a skilled technical coach he is not.

Season is over as far as being competitive IMO. Would like to see some more youngsters get a chance for the rest of the year.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:
Now stop it injuries never happen due to hard training just ask the happy clappers on here who shoots you down for even thinking that as there is no evidence and all sides have them.

Oh Gimble, I used to have respect for you as a poster but your immaturity has surfaced and it is quite frankly embarrassing. If you make a sweeping statement that our training methods are to blame for our injuries I only think it is fair to ask for evidence to support your accusation, something I am still waiting for.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:

Oh Gimble, I used to have respect for you as a poster but your immaturity has surfaced and it is quite frankly embarrassing. If you make a sweeping statement that our training methods are to blame for our injuries I only think it is fair to ask for evidence to support your accusation, something I am still waiting for.
Again I have never made a sweeping statement I asked a question and seems some on here take what they are told as being correct. Injuries can happen in training also not resting properly can be an issue. Joel pulled a muscle 2 weeks or so ago that is a sign of muscle been over worked and not rested.

You seem fixated that a player getting injured in a game can not be due to not resting adequately.

Luck is an excuse luck comes and goes but 2-3 season well since 2013 we have not seen a fit side in any way shape or form on the pitch for a run of games.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: Now stop it injuries never happen due to hard training just ask the happy clappers on here who shoots you down for even thinking that as there is no evidence and all sides have them.

Again I have never made a sweeping statement I asked a question and seems some on here take what they are told as being correct. Injuries can happen in training also not resting properly can be an issue. Joel pulled a muscle 2 weeks or so ago that is a sign of muscle been over worked and not rested.

You seem fixated that a player getting injured in a game can not be due to not resting adequately.

Luck is an excuse luck comes and goes but 2-3 season well since 2013 we have not seen a fit side in any way shape or form on the pitch for a run of games.
No I seem fixated on reality which is that there is no evidence to suggest our training causes more 'fatigue' injuries than any other SL team. We have had far more unlucky/trauma injuries than any other SL team, that is fact.

Where were all our fatigue injuries when we had a fit and raring squad that won us a GF last year? Surely the excessive training methods would only make us more tired as the season went on? No?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Oh Gimble, I used to have respect for you as a poster but your immaturity has surfaced and it is quite frankly embarrassing. If you make a sweeping statement that our training methods are to blame for our injuries I only think it is fair to ask for evidence to support your accusation, something I am still waiting for.

No I seem fixated on reality which is that there is no evidence to suggest our training causes more 'fatigue' injuries than any other SL team. We have had far more unlucky/trauma injuries than any other SL team, that is fact.

Where were all our fatigue injuries when we had a fit and raring squad that won us a GF last year? Surely the excessive training methods would only make us more tired as the season went on? No?
SOL was injured again (in training) for last nights match. The fact that we have generally had more injuries than any other club over the last 3 years, simply unlucky does not rub with me.

Wane has finally been found out as our squad has deprecated that much of senior quality over the last couple of seasons, resulting in other lower end clubs opposing us more directly, and now Wigan are in the dangerous position they are in.

Yes we have had a strong squad towards the end of the last couple of seasons but I put this down to a weak Superleague and the fact that through the last couple of seasons, we have been able to oppose other teams through the regular season with a injured squad. Last couple of seasons Wane left out key players for ages so that they were there for the GF.

Week in week out we are appauling. Week in week out there is a constant mention of players injured in training.
SJ

Post by SJ »

fozzieskem wrote:On the topic of this constant re signing of players,it has to stop,in my eyes you leave the greatest club in the world,usually for a nice wedge of cash (no issues from me on that)but don't expect to come back,why should they get a second bite if the apple?

Ditto. 100%