Dom Manfredi ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Dom Manfredi ?

Post by pedro »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Manfredi was arguably the best winger in Super League prior to his injury. If he can come back without ill effects he IMO is our first choice right winger no question
agree, but he was always just fast enough and hes had another ACL I think its his second of third.
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

The booze hound wrote:
LTAWigan4Eva wrote:Obviously only an opinion but I think you will agree it has no evidence whatsoever. In that case it is a very poor opinion. Objectively Manfredi is the best exit back in the entire club based on yards, speed of the POTB. Charnley, Marshall and Davies were all behind. Not an opinion, an objective FACT :wink:
Opinions don't need evidence, as your last sentence recognises.
You also say Manfredi is the best exit back in the entire club based on yards, SPEED OF THE POTB. Where did you see the stats for speed of the POTB to back up "your fact?"

(Apologies for my lack of computer skills and poor editing of posts).

***I think I've sorted it out for you ???? - Josie ????
As the saying re opinions but for an opinion to have any value it has to have objective evidence. Speed of POTB comes from Wigan RLFC, you can if you want even time such things watching the games. It is a fact. I will throw another that you and Josie's Friend can objectively calculate, the Hull wingers objectively achieved better yardage and faster POTBs than the Castleford wingers.

I would argue an opinion does need evidence to be credible.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think he will be a great asset to the club, if not on the wing, then as a second row, or centre. He was world class at times last year. He should not have lost much pace if his rehab is right - plenty of athletes have these problems these days, and come back as good.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

LTAWigan4Eva wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
LTAWigan4Eva wrote:Obviously only an opinion but I think you will agree it has no evidence whatsoever. In that case it is a very poor opinion. Objectively Manfredi is the best exit back in the entire club based on yards, speed of the POTB. Charnley, Marshall and Davies were all behind. Not an opinion, an objective FACT :wink:
Opinions don't need evidence, as your last sentence recognises.
You also say Manfredi is the best exit back in the entire club based on yards, SPEED OF THE POTB. Where did you see the stats for speed of the POTB to back up "your fact?"

(Apologies for my lack of computer skills and poor editing of posts).

***I think I've sorted it out for you ???? - Josie ????
As the saying re opinions but for an opinion to have any value it has to have objective evidence. Speed of POTB comes from Wigan RLFC, you can if you want even time such things watching the games. It is a fact. I will throw another that you and Josie's Friend can objectively calculate, the Hull wingers objectively achieved better yardage and faster POTBs than the Castleford wingers.

I would argue an opinion does need evidence to be credible.
The second someone starts adding FACT to a forum post I move on and stop reading.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Yet people are happy to believe and support something without FACT!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
yonmon

Post by yonmon »

As Exiled said,a run out as a centre or second row.Like the lad,always runs hard and good attitude.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Why centre? has he ever played there?

Gildart showed in his first game back how much a quality centre gives you
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Why centre? has he ever played there?

Gildart showed in his first game back how much a quality centre gives you
Simple idle conjecture that with his attributes he could play elsewhere than on the wing if Marshall keeps improving. Not ahead of Gildart, who is sheer class, and will only get better.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Yet people are happy to believe and support something without FACT!
facts are ok tbw...... its when stats get thrown in that it doesnt always show the true facts......for me,stats are typical american bulls%#t and are only based on certain areas of play
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Firestarter wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Yet people are happy to believe and support something without FACT!
facts are ok tbw...... its when stats get thrown in that it doesnt always show the true facts......for me,stats are typical american bulls%#t and are only based on certain areas of play
I also agree with that FS, that stats can be misleading!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett