No Gerrard

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior Gilfedder

Re: No Gerrard

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

markill wrote:I think we're better off with Powell than another prop on the bench. Cover for very important positions and I still think he's overall playing better than McIlorum, the odd big hit aside.

Gerrard wouldn't have been a bad squad player, I think some are underestimating him. However, I do thing we need to be looking at someone with maybe a bigger leadership personality in the group anyway so no huge loss.
Or we could offload Mikey Macilorum, move Powell to 9 and use Macilorums wage to bring in a nice centre
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

You have to give MM this season and partway of next before talk of offloading him to be fair,but he's done nothing really,rose tinted specs off to warrant a starting place in my opinion,so far at least.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I agree we gotta give him chance( MM).....powell is a decent hooker but nothing special........i think he needs too scoot a lot more than he does, just like he did at saints......i still think mac would do a job in the back row
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Don't you think it's about time that we brought in an accomplished and quality player rather than a squad player? Think we have more than enough squad players to be honest