Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Tonights game

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

To me the players in the last 2 matches have looked incredibly lathergic, i know its been mentioned before but has Wane lost the dressing room? last two games they couldn't look less interested

Personally i think we need a coach who doesn't have any ties with the club, someone who everyone will have a blank slate with, its got to that stage
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

thegimble wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:because as said and repeatadly ignored by the Expert fans. Smith ran the show . just as saints form improved when he came back from injury.
Smith can control a game and dictate a game that something neither TL or Williams can do. But Smith was hated before he came here some never wanted to change their opinions.

If we had Smith instead of TL we would be level with Hull on points tonight or even above them.
This..

Quite how people still dismiss Smiths influence on is staggering to me,wasnt world class but very good.

Ok the "big names" back whats tge excuse for this wretched display?

Bonnie Raithwaite

Post by Bonnie Raithwaite »

The team is a lot less that the sum of its parts. That can only be the fault of the coach. I fear the chairman will give Wane another chance next season with injuries as the excuse.

Tonight was awful, looked like they'd never trained together, no energy, no idea in attack. This team has don't deserve a top 4 finish.

Tommy seems a shadow of the player he was in the NRL ..... I wonder why?!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Hands up, I'm usually positive about the team when most are moaning. Not tonight. I thought we were dire. Committed on defence, but clueless in attack. No shape, running sideways, no support or dummy runners. Kicking game didn't help us.

I'd drop Williams for a game or two, he looks like his dog died. Play Powell possibly. Buy Nu'uasuala a ticket back to Aus.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
superleague

Post by superleague »

Said many times already but as long as wane remains in charge nothing will change the sooner he goes the better.
We are simply awful to watch, so boring and predictable, I've got to the point now where I dread watching wigan play. We need new ideas, tactics, a fresh approach to playing rugby because if nothing changes this season will just be repeated and repeated.
mr benn

Post by mr benn »

The Gimbel is bang on for me, going no where fast in attack, George Williams and Tommy sadly lacking. Clubb put a shift in but no real progressive platform from our forwards. With a back lines decision making that a first division side would be unhappy with.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

I feel us being in the same situation we was when Noble was in charge.

The team is low in confidence , not very fit and it's just not clicking at all , with the GF appearances and wins papering over the cracks.

With a new coach that has a good attacking mind to play good rugby, with the players we have, we could 100% have the same turnaround we did as to when Mcguire started here with us
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

When we scored the bateman try i thought weve learned tgat the wire forwards are bunching, too stop our go forward.... we then reverted back to going straight at them....it was as though we wernt being coached..... does gells get told too protect his winger? Im not sure its him or hes not being told.. whatever theres drfo a problem in camp
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Brad5926 wrote:I feel us being in the same situation we was when Noble was in charge.

The team is low in confidence , not very fit and it's just not clicking at all , with the GF appearances and wins papering over the cracks.

With a new coach that has a good attacking mind to play good rugby, with the players we have, we could 100% have the same turnaround we did as to when Mcguire started here with us
Love to have Powell down here as coach exciting less structured play.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i think we've turned into a bit of an old boys club same mistake St Helens made and they have now changed for that reason.

We need some fresh ideas bringing in and a coach who everyone has to play for
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure