Disciplinary predictions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Disciplinary predictions

Post by Barney841 »

I personally think there wasn't much in the Sam Powell incident. He's not a malicious player and I think it's abit ridiculous how players are getting put on report for the slightest thing lately.
It's rugby league, not football!!
markill

Post by markill »

Barney841 wrote:I personally think there wasn't much in the Sam Powell incident. He's not a malicious player and I think it's abit ridiculous how players are getting put on report for the slightest thing lately.
Refs actually use the on report option a lot less these days, was rare to see it used twice in a weekend let alone twice in a match (and I don't think they have on report in football).

I think it was a slightly poorly timed third man tackle, he went in just a little lower than he'd wanted to. But that sort of tackle if mistimed can cause injury so it's right to pull it up in my opinion.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

markill wrote:
Barney841 wrote:I personally think there wasn't much in the Sam Powell incident. He's not a malicious player and I think it's abit ridiculous how players are getting put on report for the slightest thing lately.
Refs actually use the on report option a lot less these days, was rare to see it used twice in a weekend let alone twice in a match (and I don't think they have on report in football).

I think it was a slightly poorly timed third man tackle, he went in just a little lower than he'd wanted to. But that sort of tackle if mistimed can cause injury so it's right to pull it up in my opinion.

I was referring to the physicality of the sports, not the report side of things.
I understand the ref has a welfare of looking after the players but rugby is a physical game and you know when a tackle is malicious or not. That was attracted me to rugby, the brutality of the sport( I don't mean dirty tackles) but I just feel in this day and age there slowly taking that away.