Get.Rid.Of.Wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Get.Rid.Of.Wane

Post by Firestarter »

DaveO wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:
dave_highfive1 wrote:This is making me sick! As a Wigan fan.

How many games have we even won this season?

This really really REALLY pains me but I hope we lose the CC so that more pressure is put on Wane to leave. He is no good and that is the end of it.

Let's face it, the last couple of seasons trophy wins have been down to the quality of the squad, at season end. Not the coach. If we had a good attacking coach with our squad, we would destroy Super League. It's embarrassing.

Wane has been found out, and I will put money on the fact that next season if he is still in charge we will win nothing.
???? ???? hit nail on head
I am full for credit of the likes of ST being good and getting better week by week even with the mistakes he made, and the effort of Gildart, SOL and Davies (who was exceptional).

Hell, I even wanted Saints to win last night, even though it would be detrimental to Wigan. Wigan of course should win on their own merit alone if they are worthy.

But playing people out of position, no clue of attack what.so.ever, playing idiots (Gelling) week in week out in a STARTING position when he is nothing short of diabolical, Wane has to go.
Regardless of what you think of Wane this is a ridiculous post. To say you want Wigan to lose the CC final is pathetic. Then to give Wane no credit for Wigan winning matches?? I can't understand this mentality that if we win it is down to the players, nothing to do with Wane, but if we lose it is all down to Wane, he has no chance if that is he way you look at it. He has won far more games as coach then he has lost. Maybe next season there should be a new Wigan coach, maybe new ideas are needed, but credit were its due, Wane has been a great coach for Wigan.
No he has not. Despite the odd trophy, if you look at the win/loss ratio I think you will find it has got worse season after season with him in charge and the standard of RL has gone down the pan.

But whatever the statistics say, do you when you go to games sit there reading the stats and say "he's a great coach" despite watching what you see before your eyes, a team that looks clueless making the same mistakes week in week out?

Whatever, his position is safe. IL will use the injury excuse (despite the fact with the injuries we should still have won several games) and say we got to Wembley even if Hull beat us 50-0. IL can't be bothered looking for a new coach. If we win, I am sure you will hail Wane as a great coach. Me? I will take a leaf out of Wane's book and only turn up for finals.
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Warrior20 wrote: Regardless of what you think of Wane this is a ridiculous post. To say you want Wigan to lose the CC final is pathetic. Then to give Wane no credit for Wigan winning matches?? I can't understand this mentality that if we win it is down to the players, nothing to do with Wane, but if we lose it is all down to Wane, he has no chance if that is he way you look at it. He has won far more games as coach then he has lost. Maybe next season there should be a new Wigan coach, maybe new ideas are needed, but credit were its due, Wane has been a great coach for Wigan.
No he has not. Despite the odd trophy, if you look at the win/loss ratio I think you will find it has got worse season after season with him in charge and the standard of RL has gone down the pan.

But whatever the statistics say, do you when you go to games sit there reading the stats and say "he's a great coach" despite watching what you see before your eyes, a team that looks clueless making the same mistakes week in week out?

Whatever, his position is safe. IL will use the injury excuse (despite the fact with the injuries we should still have won several games) and say we got to Wembley even if Hull beat us 50-0. IL can't be bothered looking for a new coach. If we win, I am sure you will hail Wane as a great coach. Me? I will take a leaf out of Wane's book and only turn up for finals.
????????hit the nail on the head...... very true and honest post
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

I am not a coach, I am sat in a field in Bournemouth managed to stream first half, listened to 2nd on wishfm,
What I would like to know is why when we were under pressure in the second half and needed field position did nearly every set of ours end with Tommy putting up a bomb to Golding/Hall. When we managed to put them under some pressure or when their set ended around the half way mark they put the ball off the field maaking us start our set with a 10 metre scrum. They started their sets on the 20 or 30 metre after returning Tommy's bomb surely tbat is game management which we seem to be sorely lacking
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

southernpie wrote:I am not a coach, I am sat in a field in Bournemouth managed to stream first half, listened to 2nd on wishfm,
What I would like to know is why when we were under pressure in the second half and needed field position did nearly every set of ours end with Tommy putting up a bomb to Golding/Hall. When we managed to put them under some pressure or when their set ended around the half way mark they put the ball off the field maaking us start our set with a 10 metre scrum. They started their sets on the 20 or 30 metre after returning Tommy's bomb surely tbat is game management which we seem to be sorely lacking
The coach. End of. Game management. Lack of all season.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Lets me honest here, look how Saints have changed under Holbrook, whilst we are still in the Wane\Cunningham era. Holbrook has no mates in there and judges on performance can the same be said for us

He cant change the way we play and it is becoming embarrassing.

Same old , same old I have never been his biggest fan but now I will go as far as saying like Cunningham he needs to go.

One question for all the Wane fans, how many times this season has he said we were poor and not Wigan standard.

A while ago on here someone called him a fake and for me that rings true promises the world week in week out but cant produce. Last point to prove he is clutching at straws " we have already won one cup final this season"

WANE OUT

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

acwrlfc wrote:
One question for all the Wane fans, how many times this season has he said we were poor and not Wigan standard.
Tonights reaction from him?

"We lacked energy, some individuals' defensive errors really cost us and it wasn't a Wigan-like performance.

"There were too many defensive errors, and you can't do that when you come to a place like this.

"We were beaten by the better team in a very disappointing manner, and we've got seven days now to fix it."

It's stuck bloody record. The only thing that changes is how long we have to fix it, which gets less and less.

Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

If a new coach comes in to do the job properly he'd have to decimate the team, ship out the rubbish, retire Lockers and bring in his own coaches.
It would be a massive undertaking and I doubt IL would fund it
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Correct Dave, me and you could have done his press conference cos its the same old rubbish. He said last Sunday he wont sleep tonight as we need to concentrate about the fine detail about Leeds. Well he should have nightmares tonight !!!!

His talk , talk is all well on good but he cant back it up.

Stop coming out with the crap and coach, if you can , the Team

WANE OUT

Follow the Saints lead. EM has more balls them IL and realised the consequences of keeping somebody who is no longer upto it

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Josie's friend wrote:If a new coach comes in to do the job properly he'd have to decimate the team, ship out the rubbish, retire Lockers and bring in his own coaches.
It would be a massive undertaking and I doubt IL would fund it
So we persist with a crap coach and at least half a team who aren't up to it?

In this league I reckon you could get much better performances by replacing about three players and appointing a tactically aware coach.

It would take a few years for contracts for several other players to expire who, under a new coach, might not get a game but you have to start somewhere.

The longer IL persists with Wane, the bigger the problem gets.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

What we have all got realise is that Mr Wane knows it all and nobody can question his position not matter what the results are or how poor the performances have been.

He is strangling the club and we desperately need a new lease of life

WANE OUT