Re: Lenagan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:promotes the sport. holding outside the heartland of RL is good. helps promote the club to a new audience and helps money come into the club
So you're off to Oz for a home match then?
As I said, dreaming narcisist.
Maybe im just one of these arm chair supporters...
or maybe if i didn't have a young child i would have been yes.

Wigan has set up a sponsors club in london yes?

neutral have shown interest in exhibition matches so its all down if its held at a decent location.

like it or not More people will visit the south of england on holiday from places like Aus and NZ who may attend that will come visit some Damp filled ex Mining town in the north west.

but (and this isn't aimed at just you WW) as i don't agree with Majority just call me a happy clapper and move on :D

do people honestly believe Lenagan would be doing these things if it didn't make the club money? you cannot call him a tight fisted business man unwilling to put hand in pocket on one subject and then completely contract yourselves in the next thread... oooo his moving it away from wigan... no ones going to attend,what a waster of money

again not aimed at you in particular
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I've said it before that imo Lenagan is not a patch on our previous Directors.

Can you imagaine Hilton, Rathbone,Robinson,Lindsey or even Wheelan putting up with this shower?

Maybe time for a change at the very top?
Seinfeld79

Post by Seinfeld79 »

Regarding the previous post - how much did we win in the summer era when Whelan owned the club? Genuine question as I can't remember.

I think the current owner receives far more criticism and negative comments than are reasonably justified. That said I do find the timing of this latest release a little strange, I couldn't see any dates suggested so presumably he is laying foundation for future plans rather than indicating that it was something we are doing next year?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Wintergreen wrote:I've said it before that imo Lenagan is not a patch on our previous Directors.

Can you imagaine Hilton, Rathbone,Robinson,Lindsey or even Wheelan putting up with this shower?

When I see those names ( not including) Whelan) I see inovation and vision moving the club forward building on our heritage.I think Lenaghan is trying to do the same.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

whats interesting is the relative silence from IL about our current plight. He has not even done the standard "we are behind wane" type chirp you get from owners during a bad run, its almost as if he doesnt feel like we have had a bad season.

People point to the Mcdermott situation last year but lets not forget the open letter from hetherington that said in no uncertain terms, this changes or people change.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Wintergreen wrote:I've said it before that imo Lenagan is not a patch on our previous Directors.

When i saw names like rathbone and robinson it makes me angry and what they did to our club
IN WANE WE TRUST
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

When Jack Robinson and the other directors were running the club I was invited to be a director. When I looked at the books the club were in debit to the tune of around 3 million pounds, I realised that at that time it was not a good investment & the club changed hands to stop it going into liquidation. Running a club is about managing the clubs finances and not just buying a player you cannot afford and putting the club in danger.

I do agree its time for a new manager as we have slowly declined in the attacking play and have become very predictable & I don`t think we get the best of the squad we have.

The great Jack Gibson Australia coach said " No manager should stay at a club more than 3 years"
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

ddtftf wrote:
The great Jack Gibson Australia coach said " No manager should stay at a club more than 3 years"
But that was only because that's how long he could stand the bureaucracy of the boardroom, nothing to do with how well the team are performing :cool:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Lenagan HAS to run the club as a business. Under Whelan and Lindsey we had three players taking up half of the salary cap and some young first team players earning less than £8K per year. Lenagan has stabilised the club and brought success back.
He should be aiming for Wigan to make a profit or at least break even and we shouldn't expect him to have to subsidise the club for long periods.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

No straw damn us wrote:Lenagan HAS to run the club as a business. Under Whelan and Lindsey we had three players taking up half of the salary cap and some young first team players earning less than £8K per year. Lenagan has stabilised the club and brought success back.
He should be aiming for Wigan to make a profit or at least break even and we shouldn't expect him to have to subsidise the club for long periods.
I think IL has done a lot for us re: the business side of things the problem is with that is how does IL define a successful season, good performances on the pitch or good performances in the books?. They arent mutually exclusive concepts but you get the feeling as long as we finish in the black to IL it doesnt matter where we finish in the league.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure