v Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: v Huddersfield

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I think the club has a huge crisis on their hands whether they like to admit it or not. Fans are definitely being turned off, now whether that's just the drab style Wigan are serving up or the state of rugby league in general is open for arguement but one thing is for sure fans are losing interest
I think it is very much the drab style Wigan are playing.

I don't think that many fans are students of the game as a whole and so simply see what is presented to them as a spectacle which for virtually the entire season has been drab.

The Oz Wigan v Hull thing doesn't help. Whether you think IL is a commercial genius for organising this or not isn't the issue. It's like he is ignoring what a shower the team looks like on the pitch.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Just checked and last season's home League fixture with Huddersfield was virtually the same as last nights Super 8's game. As these fixtures always draw smaller crowds than the comparative League game, it wasn't as bad as some say. All the crowds tonight were lower by some margin than the regular season fixture - more of an indication of the public's attitude to this format, which is a flawed system, for a number of reasons, often pointed out on here.

Hopefully this competition will be reviewed by the powers that be and we have a more meaningful fixture format, preferably in time for next season. It's just not caught on with the fans and example at Leeds last week, never seen such a small attendance there for a Wigan game.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

If there is one team not to watch it's Huddersfield? They're more boring than us!
Not forgetting their trademark lying on and cheap rule bending tricks. Even their strips look $#1t€.
And that's last night in a nutshell!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

butt monkey wrote:Realistically only a crowd of 7000-8000 actually on tonight. No way was that a crowd of 10,000

Still at least you went caboosegg :wink:
Mywife said the same thing about crowd numbers,unless they were hiding them somewhere,only going to get worse i fear,it was dull and i think along with other factors the Aus trip is hacking people off and they are voting with their feet and wallets coupled with the dross Wigan have played and the spectre of Huddersfield and the brand of rugby they play all added to the low crowd.

On to the game,my glasses broke as it kicked off so it was all a bit blurry for me,so i wont really comment to much on things only what i saw,Budgie shouldnt have played,he needs resting for me,he doesnt look in any sort of form,Bateman doesnt look in touch either though he did his best.

Maverickpils

Post by Maverickpils »

Aren't crowds going to be affected by holidays at this time of year, I appreciate that it is not the only reason but it certainly affects me.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Listened to the match last night, and it sounded like Budgie has a bit if a mare.

Does he need resting for a few games so he can come back more like his old self. He's been a shadow of the player we know he is, and we need him in better form for the CC final. Williams needs a rest too.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Bloody disgraceful performance wigin. Sack the coach and board. We should be winning 50-0 every week :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
IN WANE WE TRUST
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Poor game,Gelling and Budgie need dropping,Sam Gildart and Mr T our best players for mine.Williams went missing again,however its 2 points so cant complain too much.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Nezza Faz wrote:Just checked and last season's home League fixture with Huddersfield was virtually the same as last nights Super 8's game. As these fixtures always draw smaller crowds than the comparative League game, it wasn't as bad as some say. All the crowds tonight were lower by some margin than the regular season fixture - more of an indication of the public's attitude to this format, which is a flawed system, for a number of reasons, often pointed out on here.

Hopefully this competition will be reviewed by the powers that be and we have a more meaningful fixture format, preferably in time for next season. It's just not caught on with the fans and example at Leeds last week, never seen such a small attendance there for a Wigan game.
Spot on there but thats talking too much sense nezza. Your suppose say its because of shaun wane
IN WANE WE TRUST
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

yokozuna wrote:Listened to the match last night, and it sounded like Budgie has a bit if a mare.

Does he need resting for a few games so he can come back more like his old self. He's been a shadow of the player we know he is, and we need him in better form for the CC final. Williams needs a rest too.
As does Tommy,but do we have other than Powell cover for the halves?

As for Budgie a case of the returning player striking again?