Leuluai named in Kiwis’ squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Re: Leuluai named in Kiwis’ squad

Post by southportcdm »

Wes and Pedro, I hope you're both right about the returning players. It would be great to have everybody back fit and on form. I still think there's a probability that one or more of them may not get back to their best next season after such serious injuries. I was really looking forward to seeing Shorrocks develop this season but sadly he's lost a whole year and will be just as inexperienced as he was at the start of the season. If he'd had a full year we would know a great deal more about his potential for being a first choice halfback for 2018. I hope all of our squad get a decent and have a great off season with no more injuries.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ian b wrote:and the amount of stick he's took on here this season !!!!!
You simply can't say he's had a season to remember this time out surely?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

My guess is he is only there as back up, I wouldn't go getting too excited about it
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote:My guess is he is only there as back up, I wouldn't go getting too excited about it
They've still got Issac Luke, haven't they? Surely he's their first-choice 9.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Actually, seeing the NZ squad in the link sefc gave on another thread, I see Luke is not in fact in the Kiwis squad. Whether that's injury or not I don't know.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

The NZ warriors had used Tommy mostly as a 9 for 2 seasons as they realised his days as 7 were over.SW then plays him at 7 and gives him shared responsibility for a kicking game which has never been his strength. It is small wonder that Tommy has not been as impressive as we would have liked.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

moto748 wrote:Actually, seeing the NZ squad in the link sefc gave on another thread, I see Luke is not in fact in the Kiwis squad. Whether that's injury or not I don't know.
Luke hasn't been included due to poor form.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Leuluai has been picked ahead of Luke.
It must be clear as day even to Wane - our '17 hookers are the worst in the league, but we have the Kiiwi Test hooker on our books. Our current full back is creative but can't break the line, but we have an exciting line breaker on our books, our 7 is a hooker not a 7 but we have another creative 7 who has played there many times.

Please god we will see the light! I would keep Powell but suggest to McIllorum he can retire with his head held high or else check out the south or France (I think McNamara picked him for England...).

We just need Tommy to shine for the Kiwis to bring this plan together.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
We just need Tommy to shine for the Kiwis to bring this plan together.
As long as it's not against England!
ian b

Post by ian b »

fozzieskem wrote:
ian b wrote:and the amount of stick he's took on here this season !!!!!
You simply can't say he's had a season to remember this time out surely?
i think a lot of the players have under performed whether it be through injury or playing out of position. I believe most of it is down to the coaching and not the players