McIllorum

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jao 711

Re: McIllorum

Post by jao 711 »

Wes,on the previously locked thread you asked how the MM rumour was more possible.It’ because the same rumour says that the club would be willing to let him go,but so far it’s just a rumour.
Wes

Post by Wes »

jao 711 wrote:Wes,on the previously locked thread you asked how the MM rumour was more possible.It’ because the same rumour says that the club would be willing to let him go,but so far it’s just a rumour.
I see what you are saying but he’s also in contract and to be fair the club have said nothing, mole has said the club have said . . . . I highly doubt the club speak to mole.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Whatever you think of Mickey's ability, and I think he'll have a good season next year, the team would miss his aggression/toughness. He's our only player that other teams fear physically and that can be important at times. We're a bit too easily bullied when Mickey isn't playing. Who'll be our 'enforcer' if he leaves or don't we need one?
morley pie eater

Re: Canberra Raiders coach wants MM to replace injured Josh Hodgson!

Post by morley pie eater »

It will keep some of the moaners happy (for a while). "You don't know what you've got til it's gone."
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
ian b

Post by ian b »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I don't buy into this 'he has struggled last few seasons', he had a horrendous injury that would have probably finished off most careers, before that I remember him playing well and winning major trophies with us. This past season he did struggle at times but again he had been out for 18 months!

If we lose him to Canberra, that's exactly what it will be a loss in my opinion, having said that I have no doubt he will more than hold his own in the NRL.
spot on. He's been hammered on here and to come back from that injury was a feat in itself.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

morley pie eater wrote:It will keep some of the moaners happy (for a while). "You don't know what you've got til it's gone."
Not wrong!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Snatch their hands off!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I really like MM however! this could be a good move on the proviso that we bring someone in who is a very good 9 and not just shove Tommy there and interchange him with Powell.

We need smarts around the ruck, a player like piggy would improve us now, its that little bit of smarts we are missing.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

He was rubbish last year. The team worked better with Powell for 80 minutes. That may have been because of the injury, of course, but he was rubbish even for the brief periods he was on the pitch.
He looked sharper for Ireland, and has done enough for us over the years to deserve to choose what he does next.
On last year's form though we would cope fine without him.