Garry Schofield: My Super League table predictions for 2018

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Garry Schofield: My Super League table predictions for 2018

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I'd have him a bet that we finish above 7th.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

fozzieskem wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:I hate the man but on Wigan's prediction for me he as got it spot on.
Same here
Me also.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:I'd have him a bet that we finish above 7th.
And sixth will be enough to save Wane's head?
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I wonder how Leeds fans feel about going into the season with Burrow or Mcguire? granted, they should be slightly more positive than the rest, after all, they won the GF. But surely some concerns.

Cas fans? have they done anything pre season to make you think they've got the minerals to win when it matters? no hardaker?

Hull, lost their main mon in Ellis and jesus, they're boring. Make us look like the harlem globetrotters! 5 drives and a good kick from sneyd, but now they're missing foruna who made that play happen so many times.

wire, loads of change. They can feel optimistic as you tend to do with loads of new players and a coach, but loads of question marks.

Saints, they seem pretty healthy to be honest and will definately be there or there abouts.

Wakey, best squad for years and certainly pushing the top 4 teams

My point being, there's not many teams or sets of fans that'll be going into this season thinking they should definately make the final etc etc

southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I don't think Leeds will miss Burrow and McGuire as much as many people think. They've both been great players for them but Burrow's influence has been waning for several years and, although McGuire was excellent at the end of the season, he didn't play well all year. Leeds have been preparing for their loss for some time, they'll finish well above us.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I agree Leeds are well set,perhaps more so than when the golden trio retired a couple of years back,though on that subject i wonder how the loss of their training base affected them,i suspect more than we care to believe maybe.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

southportcdm wrote:I don't think Leeds will miss Burrow and McGuire as much as many people think. They've both been great players for them but Burrow's influence has been waning for several years and, although McGuire was excellent at the end of the season, he didn't play well all year. Leeds have been preparing for their loss for some time, they'll finish well above us.
You hit the nail on the head when you say Leeds prepare for their losses well before they leave.Something we fail to do.After losing a class goalkicker in Pat Richards we made no effort to replace him.Lockers after missing games regularly over the last couple of years could retire at anytime through his injuries but we have no one of his kind in our squad.I am sick of saying it but we keep signing project players that cost next to nothing and hope that one of our youngsters will come through rather than go out and make an effort to bring in a top player but we dont.Management of our club is pathetic and we just lack ambition.
Wandering Warrior

Well we have a project player newly signed who, reading between the lines, cost considerably more than what we may have thought?