What are your expectations for the year?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: What are your expectations for the year?

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Overall I think we have a good squad.
We have to improve or the ground will be empty by Easter.
A top four place plus at least one trophy.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Overall I think we have a good squad.
We have to improve or the ground will be empty by Easter.
A top four place plus at least one trophy.
Still be a good few thousand Ted, no matter how the season goes, thank goodness.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't see how a side with Tomkins and Williams in the halves, Escaré at full-back, and a fully fit Burgess and Manfredi/Davies on the wings is somehow 'weaker' than last season, or most of what we had last season, as some claim.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Top four, no problem. I am also predicting that we will play some entertaining rugby. :)
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

We have a strong spine if we go with

1 Morgan
6 Sam T
7 George
9 Tommy
13 Lockers

The problem is our props will continued to get bullied and if Wane's mate Flower starts we'll be handicapped from the off.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I’ve never been more unsure about how we will get on. I could as easily see us near the foot of the table as I could see us storm top spot. The players have looked bored for a couple of years now and lacking in energy but I’m hoping our poor season last year will kick them in to gear.

There’s no doubting the quality of attacking player in this squad if we do get on a roll and they’re allowed to play with freedom. If Cas could play a scintillating brand of rugby with guys like Roberts, McShane, Gale, Webster and Eden then a team containing the likes of Sam Tomkins, Williams, Gildart, Escare, Burgess, Lockers etc should be able to improve on the last few seasons offerings.

I’m going to be optimistic and go for a 2nd place finish.
Yorkshire Cherry

Post by Yorkshire Cherry »

I think we will make top 4 quite easily and reach a final.

Not using injuries as an excuse and I know other clubs have had plenty but the last couple of years have been dreadful with regards injuries which has obviously upset the structure and moral of the team.

I think if Sam plays in the halves then George will learn a lot from him and hopefully meet the standards expected of a marque player. For me, he has a lot of improvements to make to justify the hype we've seen over him.

Shaun Wane to stay, can't see him going anywhere (although I thought that about Micky Mac) !
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Im all for the 1 morgan 6 sam 7 george thing...... i just hope sam starts too run the ball more and reinvent that super step he once had...... if this happens then we might do a lot better than people think.......also i think we have too get a lot more go forward( with the forwards) so the halves get space too create
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

NICKYKISS wrote:I’ve never been more unsure about how we will get on. I could as easily see us near the foot of the table as I could see us storm top spot. The players have looked bored for a couple of years now and lacking in energy but I’m hoping our poor season last year will kick them in to gear.

There’s no doubting the quality of attacking player in this squad if we do get on a roll and they’re allowed to play with freedom. If Cas could play a scintillating brand of rugby with guys like Roberts, McShane, Gale, Webster and Eden then a team containing the likes of Sam Tomkins, Williams, Gildart, Escare, Burgess, Lockers etc should be able to improve on the last few seasons offerings.

I’m going to be optimistic and go for a 2nd place finish.
I hope you are right but wont hold my breath
superleague

Post by superleague »

As it been actually confirmed that tomkins will be in the halves this year ?