Bateman and Sutton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yonmon

Re: Bateman and Sutton

Post by yonmon »

Let them go if they want to try the Australian experience but there must be no way back if they get crocked.Players will come and go and if it's a case of better wages then who would blame them if they were to leave.
I think it's much fairer to scrap marquee player idea and give a big payment to the player of the year voted for by the fans.Back yourself!!!,pull your tripe out all year and you could end up very well rewarded.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I only hope that if players are to leave the club says so sooner rather than later,it’ll settle everyone down including the players themselves.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

It's really no worse than mere mortals like us taking a three or four day sickie and fitting in a few job interviews, I suspect most of us have done that.
We've also got to accept that players these days are mercenary where earnings are concerned. The days of players like Sean O'Locklin, Paul Wellans, KFC, etc who turned down big money to stay with their home town club are long gone.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:As a club it seems to me that all we a hell bent on doing is encouraging our better players to leave constantly. I never hear anything positive from the club stating how such a player wont be leaving until his contract is up. Its always a case of 'sogn a new contract and we can sell you for a few bob' the Wigan Athletic model. It is so discouraging as a fan. I want to see ambition. We are Wigan for god's sake, what the hell is going on at all.
Nail on the head. I like your posts cherry good balance views. Cant see for the life of me what the hell is going on and why we seem to not only shop window our players to aussies we litterly ram them down there throats.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

If their boss tries to pimp them I can't see owt wrong in them doing it themselves. Doesn't mean I'm happy with it though.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Not sure many will be wanted on this morning showing.But let's put Bateman at centre till we offload DS.Marshall must be sick after playing like he has then be dropped.Sill DS must be killing it in training
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Now then ladies let’s not get hysterical over silly rumours.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Cherry_Warrior wrote:As a club it seems to me that all we a hell bent on doing is encouraging our better players to leave constantly. I never hear anything positive from the club stating how such a player wont be leaving until his contract is up. Its always a case of 'sogn a new contract and we can sell you for a few bob' the Wigan Athletic model. It is so discouraging as a fan. I want to see ambition. We are Wigan for god's sake, what the hell is going on at all.
Nail on the head. I like your posts cherry good balance views. Cant see for the life of me what the hell is going on and why we seem to not only shop window our players to aussies we litterly ram them down there throats.
So that when they fail IL can buy them back cheaply after they have failed.That is supposed to appease fans that we are signing players rather pay some money for top players.