We should sign a crowd pleaser

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: We should sign a crowd pleaser

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:I mentioned about Kelly on a Facebook group before he joined F.C. god almighty the ridicule I got :angry: stand by it though fine,fine player
while i agree Kelly is a good player i don't think he is what we need, we have a Kelly style player in Williams, What we are missing is a "Smart" player, someone who's an out an out organiser

Before anyone makes the Smith comment, just no, he wasn't anything like that player - he just offered nothing else which is why people attributed "organising" to him but he didn't pull us round the park like what we need.

We need a Finch or a Green, A Trent Barrett someone with genuine rugby brain who can really pull the strings. We have a lot of good X Factor players already if we could pair them with a genuine thinker, unfortunately there aren't many of them around now because anyone of real talent wont play in our league unless a ban or similar causes it.
Sam Tomkins?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Hardaker :roll:
TrueBlueWarrior

Fujiman wrote:Hardaker :roll:
I don't think the crowd would be too pleased waiting 2 years to see him play!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:I mentioned about Kelly on a Facebook group before he joined F.C. god almighty the ridicule I got :angry: stand by it though fine,fine player
while i agree Kelly is a good player i don't think he is what we need, we have a Kelly style player in Williams, What we are missing is a "Smart" player, someone who's an out an out organiser

Before anyone makes the Smith comment, just no, he wasn't anything like that player - he just offered nothing else which is why people attributed "organising" to him but he didn't pull us round the park like what we need.

We need a Finch or a Green, A Trent Barrett someone with genuine rugby brain who can really pull the strings. We have a lot of good X Factor players already if we could pair them with a genuine thinker, unfortunately there aren't many of them around now because anyone of real talent wont play in our league unless a ban or similar causes it.
Sam Tomkins?
For me he's more an x factor player but he certainly could be that player i believe if someone could come in and coach him and he was to play full time at 7

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: while i agree Kelly is a good player i don't think he is what we need, we have a Kelly style player in Williams, What we are missing is a "Smart" player, someone who's an out an out organiser

Sam Tomkins?
For me he's more an x factor player but he certainly could be that player i believe if someone could come in and coach him and he was to play full time at 7
I think he is naturally an X Factor player but he does have a fantastic RL brain and like you say could improve, it could also lengthen his career!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Tbh, from what I have seen so far, our current squad could be as entertaining as any we have seen for years. Once they get used to each other, we could be dynamite on both sides. With Joel showing some form, and Davies electric, I have high hopes for our attack on the right...

Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Well we keep getting bits of info (rumour) that keeps colliding with each other. It's common knowledge that FPN is on a fairly big wage and the word on the underground grapevine is that he isn't coming back a Warrior. Couple this with the increasing Hardaker rumour and you could get your wish. Hardaker hasn't actually been sanctioned by the authorities has he? I have heard that it is a 12 game internal club ban he has got because he surely would have been brought to the sword by the RFL authorities by now as it has been nearl;y 5 months since the news broke. Wane has always been a fan of him and it wouldn't surprise me at all. It would surprise me however if he was to replace Sarginson at this early stage. I keep hearing that Zak would be moved to centre but i would suggest it would be more a case of 1. Hardaker, 6. Williams, 7. Sam Tomkins and 9. Tommy and Powell rotating with Escare as back-up. Can't see Escare having a bench spot if there is a hooker on there already.

On a side note, in regards to the Souths game. I honestly thought we would have beaten them quite comfortably, i don't know why. I just got it in my head but when i saw the side being chopped and changed so frequently with the likes of Mullen and Shorroks getting a go i kind of knew that wasn't going to be the case. Thought Mullen stepped up and adapted himself very well and i was incredibly impressed with the size (muscle) Navarette has put on. He could become a very key prop for us this year. If he can force his way into the side i would like to see that size being used as a battering ram.
pedro

Post by pedro »

auto 2 year ban for in competition cocaine use
Wes

Post by Wes »

pedro wrote:auto 2 year ban for in competition cocaine use
Has a ban been announced?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »