Signings??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Signings??

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Jackson Hastings.
He's a knob head who can't get on with team mates by all accounts
He will fit right in then!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
lancaster4499

Post by lancaster4499 »

Recruitment has been embarrassing ever since Radlinski started running it!

I get we are stuck with the salary cap but it doesn’t stop other teams getting top recruits!

Look at Warrington for instance just signed Jason Clark from souths, he would of been ideal to replace Sutton!

Not been the same on The recruitment side since Mick Hogan and Joe Lydon left!

Plus Lenegan won’t put his hand in his pockets!
"To be the man you have to beat the man"

Seinfeld79

Post by Seinfeld79 »

If Lenegan won't put his hands in his pockets why does he run a reserve team when other clubs don't? Also why does he have 2 marquee players?

I think it is fair to challenge the recruitment policy if you wish but I can't see how you can criticise the level of spending.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

We have a large number of players who have either left or are leaving the club so we should have plenty of play with the salary cap and a place for a marquee player. I hope that the club has already agreed terms with a new coach and he has had an input into recruitment for 2019.

I would like a centre, half back, back row forward and two props in addition to the signing of Hardaker. We have lost MM and FPN. We are definitely loosing Sam, Sutty, Bretherton and Forsyth. There is a possibility that we could lose Batty and Joel. Tommy and Lockers may retire and the future of Dom is unsure so we will need to recruit wisely.

Rads, IFL and a new coach have the opportunity to plot the medium to long-term future of the club, they need to be bold and sign quality players.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

IMO the club should just clean house of all excess players, we have certain players who just aren't up to it or have bad injury records.
It might seem harsh but if we are getting a new manager then we don't want him handicapped by these players, players seem to move for free now so us handpicking players from other sides and just taking them won't be a problem. It's not just us who can't stop players leaving, RL as a whole is broke so even if you get a fine it's about £2.50.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Sounds like a PPI Solicitor
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ancientnloyal wrote:
Sounds like a PPI Solicitor
:lol:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Tony Gigot and move heaven and earth to get Micky Mac back.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Southern Softy wrote:Tony Gigot and move heaven and earth to get Micky Mac back.
Micky has not been missed
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Southern Softy wrote:Tony Gigot and move heaven and earth to get Micky Mac back.
Why, because you think he looks good in a shoddy team, I've just watched the game and can only remember him being mentioned twice, Not missed him one iota