Joel's Gone.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Joel's Gone.

Post by thegimble »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
thegimble wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote: If he was Ellery or Offiah or Sam in his pomp etc I have NO doubt whatsoever that the club would do whatever it could to facilitate the player remaining

This was just something the club should have done when his last contract expired and it appears now that mistake has been recognized and rectified

Not the first time the club has done this lately and thrown salary cap at some players. I mean 3 year deal for Tierney and then release him, Navarette yet another with a 3 year deal despite not being a first grade regular
Did with Bateman
Joel Tomkins was no where near Bateman in form or class or games played when he got that extension
I agree point I was making that the club kept Bateman. JT should have been gone before his previous ended tbh. Not come back the same player.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Sorry pal misunderstood

I just hope Wigan are going to announce a signing soon the balance/strengthen the team
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I wonder if we got a fee for him or did we pay Hull KR?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It’s strange that it is posted in different media outlets, but not on the Wigan Warriors Official site! :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
joeb

Post by joeb »

And why would you think it strange Josie ? We are on about Wigan
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

As per usual we have to find all our Wigan news from other clubs Josie

Not unusual anymore as information and relevant stories coming officially from the club always take 4 weeks or more (depending if bribes are involved or not)
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Can anyone say the last time they got information of the official site first?
We should of asked for James Greenwood back in return as a sweetener for Joe
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

PorterjohLam wrote:Thank the lord. Take your brother with you on loan or summat.
Do you know, with the bile that is on this forum currently, I wouldn't blame Sam if he did go early.
Who's next? George Williams I suppose and then Bateman and then Escare (bloody Frenchman taking our boys' jobs) and then Farrell (all those kicks on the fifth) and then Manfredi (always injured) and then Marshall (too short) and then Gildart (too independent and he's got a beard) and then Clubb (Cockney - need I say more?)and Lockers (too old) Flower (too Welsh) and so on and so on until we wind up with no one left and then we can switch off the light as we all leave, happy in the knowledge that the club is now pure.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I wonder if all those happy hes gone are going to message the club saying they want the same done to bateman for his actual fight.

Very much double standards we kept bateman and worked with him and we have employeed hardaker Joel should of had a chance to redeem himself.

This doesnt send a good message to the players it shows the club will not have your back (unless your a brilliant player)

I cant help think this is just down to the club trying to save face due to the potential cover up.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.