‪19-Man Squad: Vs Huddersfield‬

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: ‪19-Man Squad: Vs Huddersfield‬

Post by moto748 »

Listening on Wish, sounds awful.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Ref now giving us penalties when there's 6 minutes to go. Thanks for nothing Mr Hewer.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Tom Davies in Sam converts Giants 20 Wigan 12 too little to late.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Full time Giants 20 Wigan 12. Giants had the Hewer on their side, but we did not play well at all. If we play like this next week it will be a cricket score for Stains. :angry:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I listened to Wish and it sounded awful.
Goodness knows what our completion rate was.
No Bateman and Lockers went off early and didn't return.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Very poor performance. Ref wasn't perfect but he was much better than us. As John Monie said, "Referees don't drop balls or miss tackles".

Whether it's looking ahead to Saints match, I don't know, but extremely disappointed - and I only had 15 miles to go. Batley v Leigh was better :roll:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

A really disappointing result and effort from the team. What bugs me is these late cry offs for whatever reason.

We keep going on about our youth system but evertime we lose a few players and bring young lads in, we lose games.

Has the injury curse really gone away as we seem to be losing players all the time and there is no constinency in Team selection.

How do Saints manage to keep all there players fit and playing every week but we still keep getting pulls, rolled ankles and players not feeling well onmatch days.

I am really fustrated tonight one step forward two back
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Wiganer Ted wrote:I listened to Wish and it sounded awful.
Just got back. We were counting the number of players who dropped the ball tonight. I think we managed to name nine different ones. You'll never win a game doing that. It's a good job we defended reasonably well otherwise the score would have been 40+.
The scoreline flattered us.
Great grandad Harry ball

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

Wigan were generally very poor, the referee was even worse and very inconsistent but he did not cause the mistakes that we made in terms of dropped balls or giving stupid penalties away.
Having said that the amount of water sprayed onto the pitch before the game cannot have helped the handling of the ball by both sides. Sums it up when the highlight of the night was Henderson Gill making the halftime draw.
Waste of an evening.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No straw damn us wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:I listened to Wish and it sounded awful.
Just got back. We were counting the number of players who dropped the ball tonight. I think we managed to name nine different ones. You'll never win a game doing that. It's a good job we defended reasonably well otherwise the score would have been 40+.
The scoreline flattered us.
I counted 8 before I got bored it was shocking tonight I said to my wife this looked to on for a bad one when they where warming up they just didn’t seem as focused as they have been.

Yes most certainly the score line flattered wigan.

And yes it was great seeing Gilly on the pitch