lack of flair

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
johnmyler

Re lack of flair

Post by johnmyler »

sorry for spelling Shaun Wane's name incorrectly. I have been a lotto member ( original Knight of Central Park ) for over 20 years when Graham West was involved and have supported Wigan for over 60 years. The style of Rugby under Wane is as boring as I can remember a Wigan team playing

it appears some of you who have replied to my original post are sticking your head in the sand. forget offloads as last Friday I was at the DW and I don't remember any offloads by either team. I repeat that Wigan have no quality hooker now that Mac is at the Dragons. no quality half back who can organise as Williams is more of an individual. The Forwards that Wigan have are on the whole average when you remove Bateman and Sutton who are leaving, Lockers (how many games will he manage in 2019 ) and Farrell. Wigan require a quality hooker, half back , centre and 2 forwards to have any hope of a top 4 finish in 2019. I fear the worse.
Fujiman

Re: Re lack of flair

Post by Fujiman »

johnmyler wrote:sorry for spelling Shaun Wane's name incorrectly. I have been a lotto member ( original Knight of Central Park ) for over 20 years when Graham West was involved and have supported Wigan for over 60 years. The style of Rugby under Wane is as boring as I can remember a Wigan team playing

it appears some of you who have replied to my original post are sticking your head in the sand. forget offloads as last Friday I was at the DW and I don't remember any offloads by either team. I repeat that Wigan have no quality hooker now that Mac is at the Dragons. no quality half back who can organise as Williams is more of an individual. The Forwards that Wigan have are on the whole average when you remove Bateman and Sutton who are leaving, Lockers (how many games will he manage in 2019 ) and Farrell. Wigan require a quality hooker, half back , centre and 2 forwards to have any hope of a top 4 finish in 2019. I fear the worse.
No wonder we played thursday :)
SJ

Re: lack of flair

Post by SJ »

medlocke wrote:
moto748 wrote:
medlocke wrote:Unless the misspelt name is a cunning rouse by one CPW

Cunning ruse, FFS! :)
I know what i meant :lol:

Good response Meds I thought it was a rouse and and a possible ruse I' go so far to say it was a rousing ruse judging by Moto's expletive "FFS" FFS!
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Can i just say .... what good are offloads if the player receiving them is stood stil?

That is the problem with most of the ones we have made this season and most seasons.

Our players are not coached to keep that momentum going in the tackle. Receive the ball on the fly from an offload, thats how offloads win you meters. The flair and decision making is coached out of the players. Plays and structure is the main goal for them, when that breaks down we have no idea what to do and you cant put an offload in a structured play because they cant always be achieved. [/u]
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

SJ wrote:
medlocke wrote:
moto748 wrote:
Cunning ruse, FFS! :)
I know what i meant :lol:

Good response Meds I thought it was a rouse and and a possible ruse I' go so far to say it was a rousing ruse judging by Moto's expletive "FFS" FFS!
I thought Meds could have meant a cunning stunt?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐