Danny Orr

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Danny Orr

Post by thegimble »

jinkin jimmy posted:
hayley 04 posted:
Even though we lost and i am gutted (i am from Wakefield and unfortunately live in the dump) it was a fantastic site seeing Danny Orr's name as MOTM on the Wigan board. I knew he'd do it and if he continues to play like this, and with new signings to come, then the rest of the Superleague had better look out next year!
He did play better last night but I thought Moran got MOM? Anyhow, one performance every 2 years won't cut it. Let's hope he keeps this up all next season.

But his last few performances have been better. Orr is quality but what do you excpect when we play a game pattern for a loose forwars and then when he deserts were left with a pack smaller than some sides backs.

Give Moran and Orr a decent run next season behind a big pack and then judge them. They were our best players yesterday.

Newton needs to grow up it was his daft penalty which gave them 12 points. They scored after the pen and then stragight after the kick off. Newton had better grow up and stop being stupid. We went on the backfoot from that moment on. If this continues then we might be better getting rid of him. Yes hes a good players but we can do without idiots who give away daft penalties and never seems to learn from them.

If Orr had done that most on here would have slated him by now.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

alot of good points gimble. stupid penalties and off loads and dropped balls have cost us big this year.so hopefully with a bigger pack next year we can play conservative towards the end of games when we have a lead
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Gimble, I agree re Newton but what makes you say IM is playing a pattern for looses forwards?

Also, Friday's game showed 2 very evenly matched sides, as reflected in the scoring. However, yet again our half backs were outplayed. Obst and Jeffries were clearly better than our 2. The sad truth is you have to look at Salford, Widnes and Leigh to find anybody worse.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Gimble, I agree re Newton but what makes you say IM is playing a pattern for looses forwards?

Also, Friday's game showed 2 very evenly matched sides, as reflected in the scoring. However, yet again our half backs were outplayed. Obst and Jeffries were clearly better than our 2. The sad truth is you have to look at Salford, Widnes and Leigh to find anybody worse.
Did not say IM played a loose forward pattern that was a referenve to last season. When Faz left the play style was changed but injuries has cost Orr a heck of a lot this season.

As you say their halves were better than ours but if they had our pack theyd be outplayed on most occasions as well.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

thegimble posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:

Did not say IM played a loose forward pattern that was a referenve to last season. When Faz left the play style was changed but injuries has cost Orr a heck of a lot this season.

As you say their halves were better than ours but if they had our pack theyd be outplayed on most occasions as well.
Quite true thegimble. They will (hopefully) look better next season. BTW I watched the NZ Warriors game against Canberra and Pala'aesina looked very impressive. The Bunnies are on next week so that's a good opportunity to see Fletcher and Logan too. Can't wait for next season's pack, I just hope they perform as I expect and that I'm not in any way disappointed.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

jinkin jimmy posted:
thegimble posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:

Quite true thegimble. They will (hopefully) look better next season. BTW I watched the NZ Warriors game against Canberra and Pala'aesina looked very impressive. The Bunnies are on next week so that's a good opportunity to see Fletcher and Logan too. Can't wait for next season's pack, I just hope they perform as I expect and that I'm not in any way disappointed.
Go to be honest i was impressed with the 40 min burst last week which left centres for dead. Pally will be good. Logan i just can not remember him at all at Hull. Fletcher is quality maybe old but still quallity.

At least no one team will bully our pack next season.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Fletcher had a great game last week as did Logan the week before, but i'm sorry to tell you Jimmy that you won't see Logan next week as he is out with a broken thumb i think for the rest of the season,
Good for us as he's got no chance of getting hurt for next season lol
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Yes I was waiting to see what you would say Doug Stand and fair comment to you! The points you raised were good and I understand where you are coming from. Let's hope Danny reads this and continues to build on what he has achieved!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doug Stand posted:
hayley 04 posted:
Yes I was waiting to see what you would say Doug Stand and fair comment to you! The points you raised were good and I understand where you are coming from. Let's hope Danny reads this and continues to build on what he has achieved!
Blimey Hayley... we seem to be agreeing a lot these days :D ... I'm sure that's for the better though although it won't make as much of an interesting read for the others.
Good Luck to Danny Orr...
Gawd, look at you 2!! Pass the bucket!! :wink:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Yes, it is difficult to keep finding new and inventive ways to criticise him, isn't it? Especially when he has a much improved performance. :angry: :wink: