Re: MORLEY

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Fraggle simply dont agree he is rightly the best forward Gt Britain have he is one of the best in NRL thats what there commentators and his coach say.He does do stupid things but these have been reduced but the judicary system in Aus works against him where misdeamenors tally up to increase missing games. I would love to have him at the club and show our forwards what go forward is all about.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It does not mean he will sign for us and to be honest everytime I read anything he is linked with Saints but Leon Pryce was given a guided tour of the JJB etc way back in late June/early July
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

damien morrissey posted:
He does do stupid things but these have been reduced but the judicary system in Aus works against him where misdeamenors tally up to increase missing games.
He was always in trouble before he went to Aus (remember him trying to decapitate little Robbie McKormack?), and don't forget that 12 second sending off for GB a couple of years ago. In recent discussions on here I think a lot of people were saying the Aussie judiciary system is better than the rather simplistic system we have in this country. If he could properly clean up his act then I'd agree he was a great player, but he's still something of a liability at the moment. We lose enough players through injury, losing players through bans would be really silly.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
damien morrissey

I dont think anyone said he was going to sign for us in fact the gossip was Bradford.But Pryce there is a thug i would be showing him one thing at the jjb that would be the back door. :angry:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

damien morrissey posted:
I dont think anyone said he was going to sign for us
No, but it is voiced very regularly as a rumour/wishlist on here.
But Pryce there is a thug i would be showing him one thing at the jjb that would be the back door. :angry:
Too right. The rumour there is St Helens, they were always good for thugs when they had had the likes of Sonny Nickle and Vila Matautia playing for them - they're welcome to him.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
Was it 12 seconds i thought it was 8 seconds? he flattened Robbie kearns at the JJB
Maybe I was thinking of the slow-mo replay :D

[hr]
damien morrissey

Dont forget he started in Leeds first team at 17 he didnt have the size or the skill he has now.I agree that the Aussie system is better than ours but i wasnt debating that point what i was saying was that it hits the aggressive players harder than our system does. The twelve second off was him being too wound up to have a big game no excuse but at least he showed a want to win desire :doz:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
we have also had some dirty playrs as well one of the main ones was Kelvin Skerret
Aye, but you're having to go back a few years to find people like that. But at the same time we've got people complaining about Dave Allen high-tackling, Sculthorpe, Newton and SeuSeu often giving away silly penalties for wild swings etc. They're not in the same class as the likes of Skerret but they've all been costly in terms of penalties this season. 2 points is bad enough, but red cards are worse.

[hr]
damien morrissey

He has only had 1 straight red this year the rest of the games he missed have been panel bans.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Personally I think that in order to play in the play offs you should have played have either been registered to the club at the beginning of the season (or a suitable deadline) OR have played in at least 6 matches before the play offs.

I think that it is extremely unfair to de-register a player in these circumstances. Appo and Wood have been putting themselves on the line week in week out for Wolves, only for one of them to be got rid of. Wood must be the most likely candidate to go as he is a scrum half like Johns. Unless he stays as a replacement on the bench - in which case he will watch from the sidelines whilst Appo looks for another club.

Johns arrival could mean that a youngster or other British player will not make the bench and will miss out on playing in some of the biggest games of their career; which would hamper their development at the highest level (which would help team GB) - purely so an all be it very good player can make yet another addition to ever expanding trophy cabinet.

Johns could win a Super League champions medal for playing in less than a hand full of games - surely our competition is worth more than that?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------