THANKYOU - now shut it Stevo

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: THANKYOU - now shut it...

Post by MrsLam »

robjoenz posted:
MrsLam posted:
robjoenz posted:
I think you misunderstand MrsLam...

The rule means if a player is running full tilt and makes a long flat pass on the half way line it is likely to be caught half way toward their 40 metre line because when the balls leaves the players hands it is moving the same speed as the player in the forward direction. Therefore, even if the ball is played backwards it may travel forward relative to the ground.

Stevos right I'm afraid.

But that's what I just said, obviosuly it is going to go forward travelling at speed I know that and that's what Cummings has written in his reply to the question. Oh, how I have missed these debates with you :blush:

In that case you've said Stevo is wrong and now just said Stevo is right. Make up your mind!
What?!

First off, you should know that I never agree with thee bald one.

Cummings is saying that Stevos talking bird poo and has just described the only mention of any momentum rule which is how i would have understood it, not how Stevo puts it across every week so I never said Stevo was right and then wrong. He's just wrong.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
Cummings is saying that Stevos talking bird poo and has just described the only mention of any momentum rule which is how i would have understood it, not how Stevo puts it across every week so I never said Stevo was right and then wrong. He's just wrong.
So you are just disagreeing with Stevo just for the sake of disagreeing with Stevo even though you both agree on the point lol

Stevo has explained it on Boots 'n' All and on games that the pass is relative to the player that has thrown it and not the ground. That's what Cummings has said, as have you and so have I. We're all in agreement.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Cummings is saying that there isn't a rule called the momentum rule, that was the point of this thread Robert. I have agreed with Cummings (eurgh) not the bald one.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
Cummings is saying that there isn't a rule called the momentum rule, that was the point of this thread Robert. I have agreed with Cummings (eurgh) not the bald one.
The Momentum Rule is just what Stevo calls the rule outlined by Cummings. The only alterative would be for Stevo to explain it each time in the long winded way Cummings has. Would you prefer Stevo to do more talking? Each to their own!
heydude

Post by heydude »

Best thing to do is scrap this crappy rule and go back to just passing the ball backwards instead of all these so called flat passes it would save alot of argueing and confusion with the fans and the players,At the moment the people up on high at RFL and NRL are making stupid rules which is making rugby league complicated such as the dominate tackle and the was he looking at the ball when he touched the ball listen rugby league is a simple game let's just keep it that way,makes me laugh when these so called people who say they are trying to promote our game to a bigger audience are the same ones who are allowing these stupid rules in,wouldn't it be better to keep the game simple so newer audiences could understand the game better.

ok rant over with now
oh p.s. the only good rule they have put in the super league era is the 40/20 rule but that's the only one.
don't eat yellow snow
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Schalk Brits... posted:
They have to have this rule !
I'll try to put it into laymans terms.
You and your mate in the back seat of a car driving along,you have a ball lean forward and pass it back slightly to your mate,the ball seems to have gone back but in relation to the ground it has actually travelled forward due to the momentum of the car.
Yep. If you scrap this rule and say that the ball must travel backwards relative to the ground then players thinking they are making a perfectly legitimate pass may infact throw it forward.

On the flip side though it would make the game easier for officials to call and would encourage deeper passing and deter flat passes.
heydude

Post by heydude »

Schalk Brits... posted:
They have to have this rule !
I'll try to put it into laymans terms.
You and your mate in the back seat of a car driving along,you have a ball lean forward and pass it back slightly to your mate,the ball seems to have gone back but in relation to the ground it has actually travelled forward due to the momentum of the car.
one why are you playing rugby in a car could be dangerous lol and two in layman terms if you threw it backwards you wouldn't need the rule simple really.
don't eat yellow snow
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

heydude posted:
one why are you playing rugby in a car could be dangerous lol and two in layman terms if you threw it backwards you wouldn't need the rule simple really.
When you throw the ball backwards there are two things that affect the speed of the ball:

If a player runs at 10 mph and throws the ball backwards at 4 mph the ball will travel forward at 6 mph (10-4). It wouldn't be a forward pass though. Not as simple as you think!
heydude

Post by heydude »

robjoenz posted:
heydude posted:
When you throw the ball backwards there are two things that affect the speed of the ball:

If a player runs at 10 mph and throws the ball backwards at 4 mph the ball will travel forward at 6 mph (10-4). It wouldn't be a forward pass though. Not as simple as you think!
sorry rob but now you are trying to complicate things and put mathamatics into a simple thing just pass the ball backwards and it is that easy how do you think they went on before the rule it must have been chaos. :wink:
don't eat yellow snow
willie c

Post by willie c »

see this flat pass everybody is on about its not a new thing years ago they called it a face ball where it was passed in front of a dummy runner to the second man out
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra