George William's released by Canberra

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: George William's released by Canberra

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:31 am
Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:29 am I'm sure I posted a few days ago about Bevan being one of the players that "definitely wont be here next season" Be interesting to see if the rumours of immediate release are true that's for sure
I’m surprised Bevan came back to be honest Dan
me too, but his head is definitely not 100% on the job at hand.Yes he has little spurts but his body language just tells me that his hearts not at wigan.Shame coz he was a massive crowd pleaser but its only a game at the end of the day and it must be hard being away from family atm.One thing for sure is hes left us with some fantastic memories, if he does go
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:37 am
Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:29 am I'm sure I posted a few days ago about Bevan being one of the players that "definitely wont be here next season" Be interesting to see if the rumours of immediate release are true that's for sure
me too, but his head is definitely not 100% on the job at hand.Yes he has little spurts but his body language just tells me that his hearts not at wigan.Shame coz he was a massive crowd pleaser but its only a game at the end of the day and it must be hard being away from family atm.One thing for sure is hes left us with some fantastic memories, if he does go
Absolutely he’s got nothing but plus points in the ledger for me,the mistake at the grand final was just that a mistake he will be remembered for the wonderful choas he can create when he gets the wind in his sails,a crowd pleaser indeed,bloody shame most of his game time was behind closed doors
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I mentioned the Luke Thompson rumours on another thread because Wigan felt they could of used French as part of a potential transfer in the off season.

Now French is linked with an immediate release (and we need a prop) I thought the rumours would re surface that the Bulldogs would be happy to release Thompson for us if we released French for them.

I know for a fact we have spoken to Thompson and given how he left saints he would have no issue playing for Wigan.

Williams will be a Wigan player again 100% (just when) French will also not be here next season.

I think Player welfare comes into it with French, something isn't right here.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:44 am

I mentioned the Luke Thompson rumours on another thread because Wigan felt they could of used French as part of a potential transfer in the off season.

Now French is linked with an immediate release (and we need a prop) I thought the rumours would re surface that the Bulldogs would be happy to release Thompson for us if we released French for them.

I know for a fact we have spoken to Thompson and given how he left saints he would have no issue playing for Wigan.

Williams will be a Wigan player again 100% (just when) French will also not be here next season.

Cheers dan its plain to see regarding bevan.Its also real funny how lam said wigan would see the extent of his injury on monday but still nothing said.All a bit fishy but wigan always act fishy when negotiations are in progress.It all makes sense what you say as they have clearly been holding back on a prop till other things are finalised.It got me thinking early season when zak kept harping on about returning to fullback
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:21 am It would definitely lead to some interesting team selection this season, if we did sign george.Hastings loose,tommy hooker, maybe even george guesting as a fullback for a while if the bevan rumour is true.All very interesting and im sure a prop will follow at some point
Hastings loose?

We already have a problem making yards and you want to put a half in at loose?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:50 am
Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:44 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:37 am me too, but his head is definitely not 100% on the job at hand.Yes he has little spurts but his body language just tells me that his hearts not at wigan.Shame coz he was a massive crowd pleaser but its only a game at the end of the day and it must be hard being away from family atm.One thing for sure is hes left us with some fantastic memories, if he does go

Cheers dan its plain to see regarding bevan.Its also real funny how lam said wigan would see the extent of his injury on monday but still nothing said.All a bit fishy but wigan always act fishy when negotiations are in progress.It all makes sense what you say as they have clearly been holding back on a prop till other things are finalised.It got me thinking early season when zak kept harping on about returning to fullback

It makes more sense when you think we offered props less money than other clubs... Mulhern & Lawler. they are holding money back for someone. I'm sure I said the other day Williams would be the first signing, then off the back of that other plans will take shape. I'm glad you think what I say makes sense, I'm sure a lot of people still think I chat shit and make things up :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:55 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:21 am It would definitely lead to some interesting team selection this season, if we did sign george.Hastings loose,tommy hooker, maybe even george guesting as a fullback for a while if the bevan rumour is true.All very interesting and im sure a prop will follow at some point
Hastings loose?

We already have a problem making yards and you want to put a half in at loose?
Fair comment but we also are struggling unlocking defences.Im sure hastings would adapt as he did at hooker.Its the props that arnt making enough yardage for me.Hastings makes good yards considering hes a half
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

From what I see Bevan French is very happy at wigan My money is on him staying. He is a family man why would he be having builders starting extension on his home in next week if he was going back. We will see .
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Keep Bevan, pass on George and put Field in next season.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

May we live in exciting times :)

Bevan could be out for a long time so that would lessen the chance of a straight swap.