Wigan vs Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Wigan vs Leeds

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:47 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:40 pm Guess we know who Barry’s and terrys love is, LEEMING!!!
He has been exploiting quick play of the balls and making great yards. He’s causing us lots of problems.
It’s just Baz and Tez I’m getting at really, loving leeming is just part of it.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:40 pm Guess we know who Barry’s and terrys love is, LEEMING!!!
He has been exploiting quick play of the balls and making great yards. He’s causing us lots of problems.
If only we had a hooker capable of doing the same thing
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Welski wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:47 pm
standishcat wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:46 pm Field is unreal.
Field French combo anyone😀
Not sure how it fits.

I don’t see either being able to play 6. Both players advertise their passing which you get away with at fullback but not as a half.

Only way to have any chance of making it work is with Cust as first receiver all of the time.

Don’t get me wrong I hope it can happen as both players are electric I just don’t see it working across a season and in difficult games with one of those in the halves.

Good problem to have though.
Last edited by nathan_rugby on Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

That first 15 mins from us was poor. Trying to play basketball in our own 22 and giving penalties away. Looked much better in the last 15. Great try on half time.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I have to say I’m enjoying this Wigan team more than the whole of last season under Lam.
We look more up for it and the team are working really hard.
It’s like they gave up on Lam last season
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:52 pm I have to say I’m enjoying this Wigan team more than the whole of last season under Lam.
Still more to come as well because we’ve been conceding a lot of penalties and giving cheap ball away.

Also bold from Peet to go KPP at centre, Hardaker on the wing etc.

He clearly has a vision and isn’t taking easy choices.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:55 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:52 pm I have to say I’m enjoying this Wigan team more than the whole of last season under Lam.
Still more to come as well because we’ve been conceding a lot of penalties and giving cheap ball away.

Also bold from Peet to go KPP at centre, Hardaker on the wing etc.

He clearly has a vision and isn’t taking easy choices.
Your spot on. We’ve gave some bad penalties away, invited pressure and made a couple of bad errors. Cut them out we will go a lot better.
I like that about Peet he’s willing to try things. It will be interesting what he will do when French is fit
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:50 pm
It’s just Baz and Tez I’m getting at really, loving leeming is just part of it.
To be fair they give the same excitement for KPP every single run.
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Not sure how it fits.

I don’t see either being able to play 6. Both players advertise their passing which you get away with at fullback but not as a half.

Only way to have any chance of making it work is with Cust as first receiver all of the time.

Don’t get me wrong I hope it can happen as both players are electric I just don’t see it working across a season and in difficult games with one of those in the halves.

Good problem to have though.
Exactly. Neither of them can or will play 6.

One of the two will move to the wing when they’re both fit (in place of Hardaker who will probably go to centre) where this leaves Miski who knows.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Cracking kick from KPP :shock: