RIP Inga!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: RIP Inga!

Post by josie andrews »

In Memoriam: Va’aiga Tuigamala

This morning, Wigan Warriors are deeply saddened to learn of the tragic news that former player Va’aiga (Inga) Tuigamala has passed away aged 52.

‘Inga the Winger’ played 102 games for Wigan during five seasons at the Club, between 1993 and 1997, scoring 62 tries.

With the Heritage Number 888, Tuigamala made his Wigan debut on 4th February 1994 at Naughton Park against Widnes. He scored a debut try in a 27-12 win.

He won three League titles with Wigan, as well two Challenge Cups, two Regal Trophies, one Premiership title and one World Club Challenge. Tuigamala was also a 1996 Super League Dream Team member.

Executive Director, Kris Radlinski, said: “Every now and then a player comes along who touches the heart and soul of every single fan, player, coach and administrator – Inga was one of them. He was one of the most exciting rugby players to play either code. His presence on the rugby field was huge. As a teenager, he gave me the most precious thing that anyone could, time. We would spend hours on the field doing one on one’s together. It is a very sad day for the Club. Rest in peace my friend.”

Wigan Warriors send their deepest condolences to Inga’s family and friends at this awful time.

Ahead of tonight’s game against Huddersfield Giants at the DW Stadium, there will be a minute’s silence to remember Inga.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/02/ ... tuigamala/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

God rest his soul. Gone far too soon.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

One of many Wigan players who got into rugby league Going to watch some of his highlights on YouTube
Great grandad Harry ball

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

Shocked. What a player, and what a person. Just see what he did for Jason Robinson when he needed help.
Remember seeing his debut at Naughton Park, and whilst brief (but including a try right in front of us) it offered a glimpse of what pleasure we got over the next 100+ games.
RIP Inga.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Another great from the 93-94 season(or could be 94-95 team, not quite sure). Loved watching this man play, beast of a man with pace!
I count myself lucky to see this fella in such a great team.
RIP inga
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

A beautiful person and a fantastic sportsman.
Thanks for the memories. God bless you.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Truly sad news.

Always played the game with a smile on his face. A very hard and very fair player.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Too sad for words
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Terrible news…… what a true wigan legend…… when i watched in on his debut at naughton park i thought he would never get lean and fit….. how wrong was i….. he smashed it and became inga the centre and was world class…… rip inga
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Genuinely saddened by this news.

He was a true Christian who lived his beliefs. He's up there with his Father.

"There'll be no sadness, no sorrow, no trouble I see.
There will be peace in the valley for me."
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐