Cup Draw

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
outback wiganer

Re: Cup Draw

Post by outback wiganer »

Why is there any doubt that this match wont be played at home. Latics are away that weekend so I can't see what the problem is.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

No straw damn us wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:46 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:09 pm I take it from this that we won’t be allowed to play at home by the Pathetics,
I am old enough to remember a time when we used to be able to play home cup ties at home.
It is sickening that we are third class citizens at the DW.
Like Batley at Bolton?
We've had one challenge cup game moved (to Leigh) in twenty two years.

The game will be played at Wigan
Err, is that actually true? Have I been imagining that we can’t play at home for a couple of months every year because the Pathetics demand new grass? I was going by the press release which referred to the “venue” being confirmed later. The sooner we find a new home or the enemy implodes the better,
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:56 am
No straw damn us wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:46 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:09 pm I take it from this that we won’t be allowed to play at home by the Pathetics,
I am old enough to remember a time when we used to be able to play home cup ties at home.
Like Batley at Bolton?
We've had one challenge cup game moved (to Leigh) in twenty two years.

The game will be played at Wigan
Err, is that actually true? Have I been imagining that we can’t play at home for a couple of months every year because the Pathetics demand new grass? I was going by the press release which referred to the “venue” being confirmed later. The sooner we find a new home or the enemy implodes the better,
Those games for the pitch relaying have not been moved, but scheduled in the fixture list and known about for at least six months, and is purely due to the bad drainage at the DW.

Only two games have ever been moved from the DW due to football, one at Widnes. I think it was Bradford and HKR in the cup played at Leigh.
Blaze Meister

Post by Blaze Meister »

You WILL be at home that weekend, as Wigan Athletic are away to Burton Albion.

PS. Grow up :P
moto748

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:30 pm It would have been nice to have an away day at one of the lower league teams,give us a day out and them a much needed full house.
I remember having a nice trip to Dewsbury a few years back.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Blaze Meister wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:34 am

I see - so, you accept that where Pathetics play is a factor in whether we can play at home?
Perhaps your “witty” riposte might be better directed at whoever wrote a press release suggesting that the “venue” is to be confirmed. That said, with that level of “bants” may I suggest you would be at home swimming in the dark depths of Cockney Latic? :D :D
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

outback wiganer wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:51 am Why is there any doubt that this match wont be played at home. Latics are away that weekend so I can't see what the problem is.
TV might have a say in which matches they want.
Blaze Meister

Post by Blaze Meister »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:26 pm

I see - so, you accept that where Pathetics play is a factor in whether we can play at home?
Perhaps your “witty” riposte might be better directed at whoever wrote a press release suggesting that the “venue” is to be confirmed. That said, with that level of “bants” may I suggest you would be at home swimming in the dark depths of Cockney Latic? :D :D
How old are you? 10? 🤦‍♂️
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Blaze Meister wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:26 pm

Hey Blaze. We've had all our cup and friendlies moved away in recent years. Even the club won't immediately assume a home tie equals a home match. So I'd say concerns are warranted.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Blaze Meister wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:26 pm

Given your first 2 “efforts”, I am guessing we won’t be reading many more contributions. Which is a shame in the way, as the spirit of Oscar Wilde clearly lives on.