Powell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cherry toffee

Re: Powell

Post by cherry toffee »

The point I was making was that he’d left Wigan not that he’d made the right decision
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:55 pm I think that shorrocks will play hooker
Well that’s what Wane would do. Will Peet or will he break with that?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:00 pm Should please the multitude of Powell haters on here. I prefer to stand by a Wigan player who gives his all every game. Look forward to seeing you back Sam Powell.
If I played for Wigan I would run my blood to water doesn’t qualify me to be there

I will only be pleased if we actually play a hooker there - but we won’t we will play shorrocks which is nonsense

I like shorrocks but he will never be a 9 for any club he plays for in the future so why do they insist on playing him there! Last year they when they did play Amir he out the two youngsters was the one who was leaving. There’s like an unwritten rule of not chancing someone there who could upsets powells main stay position.

Even if they play O’Neill and he isn’t great that isn’t proof that Powell right it’s just proof O’Neill isn’t ready yet.

The answer to the hooking problem for me at least for the next 2 years can’t be found In The club we need to bring one in
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It’s such a shame Leuluai is injured... In his absence, Cust is the best hooker we have. I would take a look at 1 French, 6 Field, 7 Smith 9 Cust. And give O’Neill lots of chances as well of course.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Field is on fire at fullback why move him. Shorrocks has the makings of a good 13, good hands and solid defender if Peet will give him chance to play there. I just get the feeling that Peet is not a fan because Smithies is an out and out second rower not a 13 and Partington unsure where his best position is.

Why disrupt the balance of the team when it gives us an opportunity to slot Smith and O’Neil into their rightful positions and see if they are the future or a need to look for replacements. It’s time to stop shuffling players about to try and do a job.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:54 am It’s such a shame Leuluai is injured... In his absence, Cust is the best hooker we have. I would take a look at 1 French, 6 Field, 7 Smith 9 Cust. And give O’Neill lots of chances as well of course.
Too many changes.

We should be minimising as much as possible.

Keep the team as it is and switch Powell with Shorrocks or O Neil.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:27 am
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:54 am It’s such a shame Leuluai is injured... In his absence, Cust is the best hooker we have. I would take a look at 1 French, 6 Field, 7 Smith 9 Cust. And give O’Neill lots of chances as well of course.
Too many changes.

Why shorrocks when hes not a hooker?is that not contradicting what your saying?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Playing shorrocks at hooker is like saying play Bateman there - it’s no different
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:16 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:27 am
Too many changes.

Why shorrocks when hes not a hooker?is that not contradicting what your saying?
It isn’t contradicting as it’s just making changes in one position and not three.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:27 am Playing shorrocks at hooker is like saying play Bateman there - it’s no different
It categorically is different since Bateman hasn’t ever played hooker and Peet has previously played Shorrocks hooker.

I am in no way saying Shorrocks should get picked over O Neil, I am just saying the focus should be on minimising changes and moving lots of people about. The way to do that and the most likely way is Shorrocks or O Neil to hooker.