England Vs PNG

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: England Vs PNG

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:28 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:50 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:04 pm

23,000 wasn’t bad.
Still a new record for a world cup game
England quarter final at the DW should have been fully sold out, there is enough fans with easy travel.
But everyone knew England would win - like we will win our next game we are in the final already really so most will just buy a ticket for that - there’s only 2 teams that can beat us and they are on the other side of the draw
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:02 pm I looked at last minute ticket prices

40 pounds.... no thank you the RFL have made a mess of ticket prices, if they had done £25 per ticket the turn out would have been much better.
It’s not the RFL as such it’s the RLWC Committee that did the pricing!
But there was over 23,000 there today & it’s apparently a record for a World Cup game 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The official attendance for today's double-header in Wigan is 23,179 – an all-time record for a Rugby League World Cup quarter-final.
https://twitter.com/rlwc2021/status/158 ... 08450?s=12
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

PNG just awful it was game over after 10 mins to be honest.

Should have been standing room only really but those prices when will they Learn?

Getting away was a chuffing nightmare but home at last.

I'm no royalist but Kate is by far and away the best of them she added class to proceedings let's hope she's a regular sight at RL games in the future,the publicity she brings is welcome.

That shop wigan have is dangerous to my bank Balance as I have little self control :lol:

Good day overall but the DW should have had more than one game.

The tournament though is lacking any surprises at all the big 3 and tonga (more than likely) wiĺ be in the semi finals,shame really.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

England were perfect in the first 35 minutes in what were dreadful conditions. Any team on the planet would have struggled to restrain them.

I am a royalist and I agree with your comments.
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

At the present moment in time, people are struggling financially with the growing cost of living. So to spend £40 a ticket is a definite no, no, especially when it's live on tv for free. Anyway less than 2,000 short of a full house isn't that bad.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Were PNG that bad? I thought England just blew them away in the first half and they couldn’t handle it.
Yes PNG blew caution to the wind then as they were on a massive catch up and nothing to lose.
Credit to England for way they came out and the way they handled the conditions.
I think some people forget we have struggled against PNG in the past and been beaten by them
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

outback wiganer wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:48 pm At the present moment in time, people are struggling financially with the growing cost of living. So to spend £40 a ticket is a definite no, no, especially when it's live on tv for free. Anyway less than 2,000 short of a full house isn't that bad.
TV Licence fee, but I get where you are coming from.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:39 pm
outback wiganer wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:48 pm At the present moment in time, people are struggling financially with the growing cost of living. So to spend £40 a ticket is a definite no, no, especially when it's live on tv for free. Anyway less than 2,000 short of a full house isn't that bad.
TV Licence fee, but I get where you are coming from.
I paid £55 for a ticket in the East stand on the 30 metre line, for my own seat on the halfway line & classed as a premium seat was £85! My season ticket is £135!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Let's not forget the organisers weird obsession with large grounds it was supposed to be Anfield this game was being played at but covid put paid to that idea(thankfully) time and again we have seen empty looking grounds in this world cup and 23 k in the DW looks a.damn sight better than the same.number in Liverpool,it would have looked empty,so more by luck than judgment wigan got the game.and put on a fine show.