Relegation

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Relegation

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:57 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:48 pm Interesting that IMG have the international game as their number 2 priority. Its a tricky one because its outside their control and the other parties involved have no real motivation to make any supportive changes.

I thought the same: fine words, but without support from the NRL, it'll count for little.
Agreed,let’s be fair the NRL has shown scant interest the international game why would that change?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

A calendar aligned with the global game to facilitate an international window in October and incorporate a mid-season international.

Further to the proposals set out, IMG have also recommended the removal of loop fixtures, including the Magic Weekend, bringing the Challenge Cup final back to May and having increased focus on international breaks.
So do the two bits in bold mean we are in effect almost going back to playing in winter with the season starting even earlier?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

DaveO wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:07 pm
A calendar aligned with the global game to facilitate an international window in October and incorporate a mid-season international.

Further to the proposals set out, IMG have also recommended the removal of loop fixtures, including the Magic Weekend, bringing the Challenge Cup final back to May and having increased focus on international breaks.
So do the two bits in bold mean we are in effect almost going back to playing in winter with the season starting even earlier?

Don't see where that conclusion comes from; the CCF always used to be in May, and all the better for it, and we played 'summer rugby' then.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

DaveO wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:07 pm

i wouldnt think so we already start in early to mid Feb. The top clubs play 3 (max 4) rounds in the challenge cup, so i reckon that would be easy enough to fit in and give clubs the week off if they get knocked out. Round 6 in March, QF and Semi in April / early May and final the late May BH weekend would be ideal for most i would reckon

the loop fixture gives 7 rounds back, admittedly they are going to look to increase the number of teams in the division to replace some of them, plus dropping magic