Kai

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NICKYKISS

Re: Kai

Post by NICKYKISS »

I can’t help but feel a little frustrated that he’s found some physicality in his last few months here. He’s put on size and is showing aggressive intent and the cynic in me says that’s because he is getting himself ready for the NRL. I didn’t have much faith in him making it in the NRL but I do now. I think we’ll see a focussed and motivated KPP and he’ll really develop his game. I do like the lad and hope he ends his time here on a real high. He will be really vital to our chances of getting to and winning at OT.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

To be fair, he's a young lad and still developing. Early season he was playing prop, 2nd row, and even centre iirc. He was also part of a changing, even struggling, right edge defence at times.
My view is that we should be happy that he's progressed, and hopeful that he can help us win the GF.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

NICKYKISS wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:38 am I can’t help but feel a little frustrated that he’s found some physicality in his last few months here. He’s put on size and is showing aggressive intent and the cynic in me says that’s because he is getting himself ready for the NRL. I didn’t have much faith in him making it in the NRL but I do now. I think we’ll see a focussed and motivated KPP and he’ll really develop his game. I do like the lad and hope he ends his time here on a real high. He will be really vital to our chances of getting to and winning at OT.
Perhaps still missing a bit of the speed that Aussie second rowers seem to have in buckets certainly in the international squad.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

He is good at shutting down the oppositions play makers and did an excelent job against cats
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

NICKYKISS wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:38 am I can’t help but feel a little frustrated that he’s found some physicality in his last few months here. He’s put on size and is showing aggressive intent and the cynic in me says that’s because he is getting himself ready for the NRL. I didn’t have much faith in him making it in the NRL but I do now. I think we’ll see a focussed and motivated KPP and he’ll really develop his game. I do like the lad and hope he ends his time here on a real high. He will be really vital to our chances of getting to and winning at OT.
The lads only 22 now. He came into this year under done because of a short preseason due to the World Cup.

Also he was messing about playing centre last year.

I think during his 8 week lay of he’s had time to train and been told he’ll be exclusively in the forwards hence the size increase.

He’ll good well down under.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I purely think his physicality has come with age. He was always a bit skinny and lanky. He seems to have filled out now and I don't think it's just because he's going to the NRL
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:09 pm Is their any way we can have a whip round to keep him here next season. He's really stepped up over the last few weeks. Looking like fulfilling that potential to me. He will go well in Oz.
I was chatting to Kai on Friday after the game & suggested your offer. He looked at me & looked to be thinking about what I’d said, as if he was pondering what to do. He eventually replied, "I do love it here, everything about this club, but I’ve made the commitments now & can’t go back on them. But if it didn’t work out for me & I ever did come back, I would love to play for Wigan again”.

If only John Bateman had sorted himself out earlier in the year when he knew he was going back to the NRL & stopped messing us about, (didn’t do him much good except for the financial side of it, he’s not going to win anything with Wests!) we’d probably still have Kai as he always said he had two England Internationals in front of him playing in his preferred position at Wigan & that was the only reason he was leaving!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

He's definitely improved immensely over the last few months.

His tackling and physicality have especially improved.

Maybe he will prove me wrong and not get absolutely battered in the NRL?