What if ...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: What if ...

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

That went very well indeed. By my reckoning there has been a 4 point and 94 points difference swing in less than a week. Our forwards have been immense. Eyes on the prize now… if we can stay the course (and keep up the points difference gap of course) then I am very happy about the prospect of avoiding Saints and Catalans in the play offs…
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

It’s in our hands now. It’ll still be anything but easy but we’ve given ourselves a great chance. As discussed the other day, I don’t think it’s the LLS that’s particularly important but more the fact they we can hopefully get a home semi, against the lowest ranked opponent and then put Saints and Catalans against each other.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:34 pm I consider myself thoroughly reprimanded (it's like being back at school!)
I would point out, in mitigation, that I accepted it was unlikely that both results would go our way, and concluded by saying "Just shows how unpredictable things can be."

Btw, with just an hour and a half to kick-off, odds on a Rovers* win have shortened to 6/4, and they're being given just 2.5 points start.

[* I use the term "Rovers" as my son lives in/around Hull and that's how they're referred to - never as "KR". Hull are simply "FC".]
Justified!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:47 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:26 pm I agreee Morley. We could easily be top of the pile tonight. KR still reeling from that cup final loss pasted Leigh last week so could go well against Catalans at home.

We on the other hand at home against Salford should cross the finish line, and with the superior GD we have a good chance of standing on the ladder looking down at the labourers come 21:45 BST
Thank you for that vote of confidence 😁

I may have my knockers (!!) but just come through that HKR have won and WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

Na na na na na! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well done nostradamus 😭😭
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:18 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:26 pm I agreee Morley. We could easily be top of the pile tonight. KR still reeling from that cup final loss pasted Leigh last week so could go well against Catalans at home.

We on the other hand at home against Salford should cross the finish line, and with the superior GD we have a good chance of standing on the ladder looking down at the labourers come 21:45 BST

I may have my knockers (!!) but just come through that HKR have won and WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

Well done nostradamus 😭😭
:lol: :lol:
I'll post my predictions for the end of the world next Thursday :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Happy days! It’s been a crazy year but to say we’re at the summit with 3 games left to play is pleasing pal