Super League club faces major IMG problem

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Super League club faces major IMG problem

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:39 pm
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:01 pm As long as sponsors have padded seats and kept away from the commoners everything will be fine . Rugby League a game for the ordinary Joe ???? . Somebody needs to tell IMG

EW
it is, but equally clubs need to be able to attract sponsors / corporates to the games. Without some of the sponsors i'm pretty sure some clubs would now be bust

one thing i can say though, is that the corporate / padded seats isnt for me. I was invited a few years back to Wigan V Wire into corporate hospitality. Was told to sit down and shut up within the 1st minute :) :) :) by an ex players significantly bigger than i am :), so my participation was quite quiet after that :) :)
I’m the same. The odd occasion I do decide to go into corporate I feel that some of the people who are in corporate are there on a freebie with their company or whatever & aren’t serious supporters.

The last time was last season when we played St Helens late in the season. I was sat close to & next to fellow friends & supporters. But further along the row where a gang of guys spent the first half up & down going for drinks going to the toilet. The second half they didn’t even come back out of the lounges.

I did shout throughout the game without anyone telling me not too.

I had two Saints guys sat behind me. After about 60 minutes one of the guys tapped me on the shoulder & asked what was I playing with in my lap?

I have a ‘lucky black cat’ attached to my rugby bag & I do have a habit of playing with it during games, he could see me keep fiddling with it 😊🐈‍⬛

He asked could he borrow it 😂😂 told him to bugger off get your own 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Re: Super League club faces major IMG problem

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:23 pm
the pieman wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:39 pm
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:01 pm As long as sponsors have padded seats and kept away from the commoners everything will be fine . Rugby League a game for the ordinary Joe ???? . Somebody needs to tell IMG

EW
it is, but equally clubs need to be able to attract sponsors / corporates to the games. Without some of the sponsors i'm pretty sure some clubs would now be bust

one thing i can say though, is that the corporate / padded seats isnt for me. I was invited a few years back to Wigan V Wire into corporate hospitality. Was told to sit down and shut up within the 1st minute :) :) :) by an ex players significantly bigger than i am :), so my participation was quite quiet after that :) :)
I’m the same. The odd occasion I do decide to go into corporate I feel that some of the people who are in corporate are there on a freebie with their company or whatever & aren’t serious supporters.

The last time was last season when we played St Helens late in the season. I was sat close to & next to fellow friends & supporters. But further along the row where a gang of guys spent the first half up & down going for drinks going to the toilet. The second half they didn’t even come back out of the lounges.
I am guessing that is pretty normal for people who have been given a seat in a corporate box. A friend of mine went a few seasons back and is a Union fan so he may have had more of an interest but if the beer was flowing I doubt he'd have been that bothered with he game. I got a free hip flask out of it with the Wigan crest on it which he gave me!