Grand Final Ticket update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Grand Final Ticket update

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

If you go to the club website you wouldn't know we were in a Grand Final . I don't know who is responsible for the updating of said website but they are in the wrong job. There were no updates yesterday regarding ticket sales and availability and the eventual sell out until well after everybody had gone home . Unless you are on social media you would never know whats going on (thanks Josie) . All through the season team news , new signings and many other hot news the website is always the last to be updated very very poor and has been for a long time .

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:18 am If you go to the club website you wouldn't know we were in a Grand Final . I don't know who is responsible for the updating of said website but they are in the wrong job. There were no updates yesterday regarding ticket sales and availability and the eventual sell out until well after everybody had gone home . Unless you are on social media you would never know whats going on (thanks Josie) . All through the season team news , new signings and many other hot news the website is always the last to be updated very very poor and has been for a long time .

EW
Young media staff members who are just more use to social media than keeping the club website updated 🙁 which is sad. But it’s what IMG want!

I rarely do facebook but look on twitter for RL news & updates.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We are pleased to report that a further allocation is expected to be available at the DW Stadium Ticket Office and Online from approximately 2pm this afternoon.

https://x.com/wiganwarriorsrl/status/17 ... 17247?s=12
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’ve replied with this message again;
You really DO need to start updating the Official Website! Not everyone uses social media.
I’m keeping them updated as best as I can off here as they are not seeing any updates on the Official Site
Hope this helps people 😊
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

If you have already bought tickets 'blind' online the ticket office will not tell you where the seats you have bought are, apparently Wigan Warriors are going to be sending them out from today, so that just tells me all the 'good' seats have been sold to the walk ups (enjoy your 50 ticets whoever you are and lets see if you manage to sell them all on at inflated prices) and those purchased online will be the dregs that nobody wanted.

They also have said that you can't get a refund and they cannot 'swap' your seats for somewhere else if you dont like your 'random' seats as that will be classed as a refund, it's all the RFL's fault apparently (yes lets hide behind that old chesnut so we can fob people off), you will have to wait until you get your tickets in the post to be extremely dissapointed, ooh goody can't wait it's just like Christmas or a scene from Bad Santa
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

WarriorWinger wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:47 pm If you have already bought tickets 'blind' online the ticket office will not tell you where the seats you have bought are, apparently Wigan Warriors are going to be sending them out from today, so that just tells me all the 'good' seats have been sold to the walk ups (enjoy your 50 ticets whoever you are and lets see if you manage to sell them all on at inflated prices) and those purchased online will be the dregs that nobody wanted.

They also have said that you can't get a refund and they cannot 'swap' your seats for somewhere else if you dont like your 'random' seats as that will be classed as a refund, it's all the RFL's fault apparently (yes lets hide behind that old chesnut so we can fob people off), you will have to wait until you get your tickets in the post to be extremely dissapointed, ooh goody can't wait it's just like Christmas or a scene from Bad Santa
Where is this information from please?
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:02 pm
WarriorWinger wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:47 pm If you have already bought tickets 'blind' online the ticket office will not tell you where the seats you have bought are, apparently Wigan Warriors are going to be sending them out from today, so that just tells me all the 'good' seats have been sold to the walk ups (enjoy your 50 ticets whoever you are and lets see if you manage to sell them all on at inflated prices) and those purchased online will be the dregs that nobody wanted.

Where is this information from please?
From the mouth of the lady working in the ticket office, I had to ask the wife to make a special journey there today to try and sort this farce out, only to stand in the queue for over an hour to be told here is nothing the can do and it as the RFL's fault, I would have done this over the phone instead of the 60 mile round trip she had to make, but when you ring the ticket office number it says it is 'closed', but according to the lady in the ticket office it is not closed it is just 'busy'.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thank you 😊
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I very much doubt any ticket will be sold over the face value. The match won't sell out. There will probably be cheap tickets available up to the day.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Mike wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:56 pm I very much fount any ticket will be sold over the face value. The match won't sell out. There will probably be cheap tickets available up to the day.
But if you want to be sat with all the Wigan fans and not in the neutral arears then they would be the only tickets to buy