Leeds Rhinos close in on Brodie Croft after contract breakthrough

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Leeds Rhinos close in on Brodie Croft after contract breakthrough

Post by fozzieskem »

It is you feel heartbreak for Rowley,fine coach seeing his side being ripped apart in the front of his eyes Salford really need a backer and quick.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Probably a one season wonder anyway. Salford probably get the best of this deal.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:20 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:40 pm We may be seeing the demise of Salford unless they can find a financial backer.
They've got to live within their means dont they? They have support, and its commited support too as shown by their fund raiser, but they can't spend more than their income. Surely once they've got their immediate cash flow under control they can budget to run a squad that they can afford? If that's not good enough for SL then they'll have to either grow their income or accept that the club is more important than the division they are playing in.
Everyone else spends more than their income it's just that the others have someone who underwrites their losses.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:30 pm
Mike wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:20 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:40 pm We may be seeing the demise of Salford unless they can find a financial backer.
They've got to live within their means dont they? They have support, and its commited support too as shown by their fund raiser, but they can't spend more than their income. Surely once they've got their immediate cash flow under control they can budget to run a squad that they can afford? If that's not good enough for SL then they'll have to either grow their income or accept that the club is more important than the division they are playing in.
Mm, it’s such a shame they’re in financial difficulties, I always had a soft spot for Salford 😊

Just hope they get a good price for him if he goes to Leeds or if he wants to stay at Salford, as he says he wants to, he will need to take a cut in salary.
£200k is being mentioned and £100k for Ackers.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

For me Akers is worth his fee as for Croft I just don't see why he won man of steel but that's just me
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:08 pm For me Akers is worth his fee as for Croft I just don't see why he won man of steel but that's just me
I didn’t know how he won it instead of Jai Field. I know we all want our own players to win but Jaimwas outstanding last year as was Bevan French
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:30 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:08 pm For me Akers is worth his fee as for Croft I just don't see why he won man of steel but that's just me
I didn’t know how he won it instead of Jai Field. I know we all want our own players to win but Jaimwas outstanding last year as was Bevan French
I agree Josie i'd say Bevan was more eye catching last season than this one but at least that wrong was righted this season.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:50 am
I agree Josie i'd say Bevan was more eye catching last season than this one but at least that wrong was righted this season.
It's the flawed system, an above average player in a poor team will always glean maximum points each week.

They should pick one player from each team, each week, then grade them in order and assign points, so the worst of the best would say get half a point and the best of the best that week would get six points, as an example
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

He won it because the players are not in competition with each other. It’s not who is the best player overall, it’s who plays the best for their club most often.

He was voted the better player more often for Salford than Field or French were at Wigan.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:15 am
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:50 am

It's the flawed system, an above average player in a poor team will always glean maximum points each week.

They should pick one player from each team, each week, then grade them in order and assign points, so the worst of the best would say get half a point and the best of the best that week would get six points, as an example
Thats not true. Theyll get the points if they're the best player in the game, not in their team. If they play wigan French or field can pick up the points and they won't. Your suggestion however definitely means they'd win some points every game but others in teams with more competition would share points on different weeks. Right now, an outstanding player in an average team does have an advantage but it's not as bad as you state.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆