Tonights Crowd

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Tonights Crowd

Post by cpwigan »

Warrington brought a fantastic number of supporters and shouted for their team almost throughout. Fair play to them.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

cpwigan posted:
Warrington brought a fantastic number of supporters and shouted for their team almost throughout. Fair play to them.
To be fair though, they did actually have something to shout about. If our team want support they are supposed to at least show a glimmer of something in return. I didn't boo but they deserved the boos followed by the silence.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Similarly, I didn't boo. But I can understand why people booed and why people were leaving at 70 minutes.

We only seem to chant with a drum. When the drum goes missing in South Stand, voices go missing too!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

standishcat posted:
Similarly, I didn't boo. But I can understand why people booed and why people were leaving at 70 minutes.

We only seem to chant with a drum. When the drum goes missing in South Stand, voices go missing too!
I said to my mum, for the first time ever I couldn't blame people for leaving early and it would serve the players right if at the end there was absolutely no one left in the stadium for them. Then they might realise that this is totally unacceptable.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Spot on, MrsLam. I contemplated walking out but I was rooted to my seat, amazed at how unbelievably pathetic we were. That cold backside will serve me right now! :wink:

But yep - those who left had every right to do so after the kind of performance we were all being confronted with.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Why should we sit there and show any sort of pride or passion if they cant...afterall they get paid for the privilege.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Well I sat there in a state of disbelief and left with 2 minutes to go. I was sat near morons and could not believe how bad we were as the game progressed
superleague

Post by superleague »

it was the first time i have ever left before the hooter tonight i was completely disgusted.

TO SUM UP WHAT EVERYONES BEEN SAYING ON OTHER THREADs, WE ARE CRAP!!!!!