No Passion = No wins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Re: No Passion = No wins

Post by Matthew »

DaveO posted:
I agree. The fact they are not stone jugs and should be doing better is why, as is being discussed on another thread, the equation

Disappointment = Expectation - Acheivement

gives a very high result.

Dave
How about:

Disappointment Factor = (((Top Coach * New signings + Quality players) * (losses – (wins + current trophies) * Expectations) * Past glories²
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Matthew posted:
DaveO posted:
I agree. The fact they are not stone jugs and should be doing better is why, as is being discussed on another thread, the equation

Dave
How about:

Disappointment Factor = (((Top Coach * New signings + Quality players) * (losses – (wins + current trophies) * Expectations) * Past glories²
I think I'm going to ask webmaster Mike to add maths to the list of things we don't like people to talk about on here.... :lol:

My brain hurts reading that
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Matthew posted:
DaveO posted:

Dave
How about:

I think that means your expectaions are higher then mine!

Dave
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i had high expectations for this season. passion is one of the factors but if a team also isn't playing with confidence it will effect the performances. passion.................not in our dictionary at the mo.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Problem is that we have a half an hour team playing an 80 minute game. We look better than average for the first 30 minutes, and after that we become crap. :(
phibes

Post by phibes »

Matthew posted:
DaveO posted:

Dave
How about:

You forgot to multiply it by the number of players who don't get on with the coach. :(
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

My thoughts exactly thats why i am putting it down to lack of effort if you look at players like Calderwood,Richards,Orr, Moran every single one of them was a top try scorer before coming to wigan DV was rated amogst them best centers in the world and higham was explosive for St Helens. Now either its of 3 things:

1. they have all just decided they are now crap
2. they aren't trying hard enough
3. they are strugglin to adapt to the new team

now to me 3. isn't even applicable to Moran,Orr and DV cos they have had a over a season to get it together so it seems more probable the answer is 2.[/quote]

3 could easily apply. Just because a player was in the team last year, it doesn't mean he won't be affected by the number of new players around him.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I think the pressure plays a big part in the second half collapses we have witnessed. All the players are as tight as a drum mentally and that really saps your strength.

I've posted elsewhere that Basil has to get them to relax, but how the hell do you do that?

Maybe the run of away games will actually help. There could well develop a bit of a seige mentality and a bonding with the smaller more vocal away support. :doz: :eusa10:
Mean Dean

Post by Mean Dean »

You have got to question who brought these players in any true superleague fan can see that Danny Orr DV Danny Tickle etc are simply not good enough for Wigan weare playing to the standard that our team allows us to play at.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mean Dean posted:
You have got to question who brought these players in any true superleague fan can see that Danny Orr DV Danny Tickle etc are simply not good enough for Wigan weare playing to the standard that our team allows us to play at.
I'd agree with the first two, but Tickle was probably our second best player last season, after Dallas.