SULKS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Cath10

Re: SULKS

Post by Cath10 »

How was it beating us 70-0? Great no doubt, but nothing beats those nail biting games, where the game is anyones up until the final second. :D

I'd give anything for those days back but it may take a while, very down right now, no idea how things will pan out.
wigan saint

Post by wigan saint »

your time will come. all the greats can't stay great forever. united dominated the 90s. wigan the 80s and some of the 90s. australia in cricket 20 years of domination, they lost the ashes. for every up, there is a down

that is why it is good to enjoy it while it lasts... but the saints boards have laid an amazing business foundation since SL began a foundation second to none, and with the new stadium being built and no football team to consider long may it continue... as a saints fan I hav never seen my team fail to reach the play offs (super league or premiership) thats because it has never, ever happened... we aint won the league since 2002, but we are still contenders, and always have been, always have been since RL began..

but i don't think australias dominance is over on one ashes series... maybe if we win down under.... and they don't retain the world cup

no matter who you are or what you do.... we will always be better than you.....
wigan saint

Post by wigan saint »

How was it beating us 70-0?

I must have missed that game cath :0) , but thrashing you 75-0 was the sweetest moment (not the best moment) of my 23 years of being a saints fan

no matter who you are or what you do.... we will always be better than you.....
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Therein lies the sadness of a stereotypical Saints fan. You can be winning everything or you can be losing and still your whole rugby league existence is based on Wigan RL. Your the neighbour that spends his/her day peeking through the curtains watching what everybody else is doing and feeling bitter due to a huge inferiority complex. A complex that inhibits enjoying life.

Oh and we will not get relegated, I'll put a £10 up v yours
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

wigan saint posted:
How was it beating us 70-0?

I must have missed that game cath :0) , but thrashing you 75-0 was the sweetest moment (not the best moment) of my 23 years of being a saints fan
I think I'll take 27-0 and a trophy instead, thanks very much. Your big victory that day didn't win you anything at all, not even a couple of league points.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

since when was this saints team great? what have they won? and we will not be going down OK :devi:
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Wigan Saint thanks for your input and you are the best team in the comp at the minute but you will never be the biggest. I bet you wish your attendances could match the team you have but I guess even in our darkest hour we would pull in more punters, I suppose that means we've got the best supporters in the land. :)
Pain is temporary pride is forever
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

wigan saint posted:
your time will come. all the greats can't stay great forever. united dominated the 90s. wigan the 80s and some of the 90s. australia in cricket 20 years of domination, they lost the ashes. for every up, there is a down

that is why it is good to enjoy it while it lasts... but the saints boards have laid an amazing business foundation since SL began a foundation second to none, and with the new stadium being built and no football team to consider long may it continue... as a saints fan I hav never seen my team fail to reach the play offs (super league or premiership) thats because it has never, ever happened... we aint won the league since 2002, but we are still contenders, and always have been, always have been since RL began..

but i don't think australias dominance is over on one ashes series... maybe if we win down under.... and they don't retain the world cup
You see us on here we will be here supporting our team through thick and thin. If your a rugby league fan you would not like to see wigan go down and several true rugby fans have said this. Also, talking to some of the saints fans after the 75-0 game, they were upset...for rugby league because wigan is rugby league has always been rugby league and will always be rugby league whatever league were in.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

warrior till i die posted:
wigan saint posted:

You see us on here we will be here supporting our team through thick and thin. If your a rugby league fan you would not like to see wigan go down and several true rugby fans have said this. Also, talking to some of the saints fans after the 75-0 game, they were upset...for rugby league because wigan is rugby league has always been rugby league and will always be rugby league whatever league were in.
those are fans that i admire and deserve to be known as true rugby league hardcore supporters. love seeing other supporters from other teams actually getting behind us and thinking its sad to see what has happened to us.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
black pearl

Post by black pearl »

well said saint best derby in the world but come on us going down not a chance one win and a bit of confidence and we will be ready to give u lot a beating on good friday