Lets sack Milward, Lyndsey, Whelan and all the Players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Lets sack Milward, Lyn...

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
There's a difference between sensible discussion, which we're all in favour of, and "wnac" style "doomed, sack everyone" postings, which don't offer anything constructive.

It's all very well saying drop Vaialiki, or sack Millward, or whatever, when no realistic replacements are proposed.
I agree Geoff. I don't think anyone is saying don't discuss the problems but there have been quite a few unrealistic posts about sacking people who are under contract (for example).

What we might like to do and what can be done are two different things given the contract situation, 20/20, salary cap and player availability.

If people would just take those things into account before posting "sack DV" or whatever the noise on the forum would be much less.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Can you imagine how sad you have to be to be even bothered enough to constantly be on another club's site? Why do people do this? You see it constantly on RLFans. Is it that other sites simply don't have many users?
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

More Trolling...

I know I shouldn't respond to this rubbish, but...
primrose-n-blue posted:
First Try Tickle posted:

Millward turned Saints from a mid table side to the most entertaining in the League.
Absolute Rubbish...
Saints had already won SL prior to Millwards appointment and 2yrs before that, plus 2 CC wins and 2 premiership wins in 96 and 97.
And they didn't win anything with Millward at the Helm? He didn't sign Lyon? Or any of the other players that see them running away with the league?
primrose-n-blue posted:
First Try Tickle posted:Whelan keeps throwing Money at us,
What money?
The money to sign players like Richards, Logan, Fletcher, the money to bring in as many NL1 players as we can - they may not be big money; however are you suggesting they play for free? The money to sign Millward in the first place.
primrose-n-blue posted:
First Try Tickle posted: a new stadium
to which your tennets

Isn't that a make of lager? We are tenants at the JJB - as are the football team - yawn

primrose-n-blue posted:
First Try Tickle posted:He saved us from the Robinson era...
Your most successful era!!

Whelan saved the club financially after the mismanagement that saw us sell Central Park.

primrose-n-blue posted:
First Try Tickle posted:just put up with whats happening
Huh? wtf...okay then, brush it all under the carpet.

No-one is suggesting that we brush it under the carpet - however regarding injuries there are no top players available and sacking the coach is unlikley to turn things around over night when half the team are on the treatment table.

primrose-n-blue posted:
First Try Tickle posted:
We cannot always be the best like the 80's.
You wasn't...Widnes was!

Great English once again. I think that you know which period is being referred to here. 8 Challenge Cups in a row anyone?

primrose-n-blue posted:
First Try Tickle posted:Things will get better
...lets us pray :eusa10:

About the only thing we agree on...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

just a thought... referring to the title thread, did it occur to you that it would not only be unfeasible, we would need to fold and then our beloved club would be no more?
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
TSB

Post by TSB »

WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE SAVED US FROM THE ROBINSON ERA,
WASN,T HE THE ONE WHO SAID DONT SELL CENTRAL PARK TO TESCO , LETS DEVELOP CENTRAL PARK.
ONLY TO BUY WIGAN ON THE CHEAP AND THEN SELL II TO TESCO. OUR SAVIOUR :conf: :(
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

TSB posted:

WASN,T HE THE ONE WHO SAID DONT SELL CENTRAL PARK TO TESCO , LETS DEVELOP CENTRAL PARK.
Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the sale to Tesco had occurred before Whelan took over, we've got the previous management to thank for that.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
TSB posted:

Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the sale to Tesco had occurred before Whelan took over, we've got the previous management to thank for that.
Correct, Fraggle. Robinson & Rathbone went ahead with the Tesco sale (against the wishes of the other board members and shareholders) before Whelan took over.
Whelan, in fact, had offered to renovate Central Park (proposing to spend £11 million on it), but his offer was rejected.
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Primrose And Blue. Nice to have you with us. You spend that much time on here are you coming on Friday to cheer the lads on you muppet.
Pain is temporary pride is forever