GOOD THINGS TO TAKE FROM TODAY

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chester

Re: GOOD THINGS TO TAKE FR...

Post by chester »

Whats the problem w
ith booing? Two basic forms of communication, booing, and cheering. The 3rd being roaring them on every time they come on for a second half, after a crap first half display. We PAY for this ! They get PAID ! Should we cheer and clap for Moran trotting back to wards the sticks, with the action on the wing, and yet another pathetic weak try let in ?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

ince warrior posted:
I booed them off and I'll admit that, because they certainly need a kick up the backside or something. There's no point cheering for s**t like that, and if they want us to cheer them then they have to earn their wages for a change. Anyway, if they've anything about them, they'll use that to think "yeah, maybe we need to improve".
So confidence is on a low... I ask myself where is that much needed confidence going to come from? The players aren't communicating well on the pitch as we lack a vocal leader, we haven't yet sorted out a coach for the side, we're making daft mistakes as a consequence of everything going on. How can we make it worse for them, I know, lets boo them off the field and remove the tiny last piece of moral they have.

As fans, the only power we have is to support the team, try and give them that extra lift when they need it. We can't control what goes on in training, nor how they compose themselves but are supposed to offer support. I wasn't clapping their performance on the field today, it was terrible, what I was doing was trying to show them that I care and I am supportive of them. Not that I think they're all useless and talentless by booing them.

Instead of booing the side, give them the encouragement. If not, stay at home and moan to yourself!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

robjoenz posted:
ince warrior posted:
I booed them off and I'll admit that, because they certainly need a kick up the backside or something. There's no point cheering for s**t like that, and if they want us to cheer them then they have to earn their wages for a change. Anyway, if they've anything about them, they'll use that to think "yeah, maybe we need to improve".
So confidence is on a low... I ask myself where is that much needed confidence going to come from? The players aren't communicating well on the pitch as we lack a vocal leader, we haven't yet sorted out a coach for the side, we're making daft mistakes as a consequence of everything going on. How can we make it worse for them, I know, lets boo them off the field and remove the tiny last piece of moral they have.

As fans, the only power we have is to support the team, try and give them that extra lift when they need it. We can't control what goes on in training, nor how they compose themselves but are supposed to offer support. I wasn't clapping their performance on the field today, it was terrible, what I was doing was trying to show them that I care and I am supportive of them. Not that I think they're all useless and talentless by booing them.

Instead of booing the side, give them the encouragement. If not, stay at home and moan to yourself!
This comes from someone with a donkey posted on one of our players heads.
How is that offering encouragement?
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
superleague

Post by superleague »

after that poor and pathetic performance they deserved to be booed off.
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

As I've already said, they need a kick up the ass instead of fans loving them for s**t
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I thought the fans were good today. Everybody was cheering the slightest good thing the players did but its hard when they play poorly. The only booing I heard was at the ned of the half / match
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

O'loughlin was interviews on BBC manchester and said about the booing and he said the fans have every right to boo them.

One bloke made a good point how great our attendance for fans is i think we got about 12700 today bottom of the league playing next to bottom. Salford and Leeds got about 7000.
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
sai

Post by sai »

The only people who deserve applauding are the Wigan FANS who paid good money to watch a bag of s..t . A ticket is not cheep I pay nearly a days wage to take my family to a game and I have every right to boo the players off. I saw no heart today Tickle was knackered after 10 min. no organisation and effort. Why did the coaches play Gleeson and Ashton on the same side? I am big fans of these 2 players but why put those together when on the other side you have Dallas and Richards this made no sense. The coaches did change this 35 min into the first halve. Ashton is a full back play him there. Also why did Goulding get rested he has been playing okay this was a must win game and they choice to rest a him why. Did anyone else notice the sticks being taken down before the players had left the field could this be a singe???
woz9

Post by woz9 »

I booed too, they need to realise that they are lettin the fans downa s well as themselves. I had to clap as they stayed to appriciate the support though, that is a sign that they do care. just a shame we dont see any of those signs in the 80 minutes. Moran needs sending home.
Cuculus Canorus Warrior

Post by Cuculus Canorus Warrior »

WiganWarrior posted:
O'loughlin was interviews on BBC manchester and said about the booing and he said the fans have every right to boo them.

One bloke made a good point how great our attendance for fans is i think we got about 12700 today bottom of the league playing next to bottom. Salford and Leeds got about 7000.
On the contrary; you can't compare us with Salford, we are a "big" club. Anyway, it was Easter Monday and in glory days of old at Central Park we would have been notching up 28,000 spectators. So sorry, I don't think we can even be happy with the support today. Bottom line is; things better improve quick or our crowds will deteriorate altogether !!!!