maurice out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: maurice out

Post by robjoenz »

It is Lindsay's fault because he has a keen interest in Rugby League, he is not a rugby league thinker.

In the comments he made last week I found it unusual that a chairman would be saying, "if Noble comes he'll be choosing the players, picking a team and doing training." Why else would he say that unless in the past this hasn't been the case. I've heard rumours floating around that Millward had to get the teamsheet okayed by Lindsay prior to issuing it officially. Whether this is truth or just rumour it's clear Lindsay has had far too much input relative to the coaches.

Lindsay may have signed some decent players with the likes of Lam and Smith, however, he has also made some terrible signings, like Vaealiki and Orr. I think he selects a player he considers good, sets his heart on the man and gets him, regardless of whether he fits in with the coaches style of play or whether he's currently carrying a long term injury.

This legacy of Lindsay selected players has been the cause Wigan's downfall over the past few seasons and since Farrell left the cracks have blown wide open. We have a squad of very talented players, but they can't play well together, Orr and Moran are a prime examples, both fantastic in support of an half back that directs play but clueless when put together. Neither are bad players, they're just not right for each other.

I think Dave Whelan has come to realise that Lindsay is dragging the Warriors down and I think he's employed his mates from the Latics board to try and sort things out. Lindsay has less power now than he used to (whilst he's kept sweet by being on the Latics board). I'm hoping that is enough to keep him from interfering because I cannot see him leaving us.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

well said but we need him gone!

walshiered

Post by walshiered »

My sentiments exactly, but I feel it's time to remove Lindsey from the club so we can move forward and leave the past behind. :eusa16:
taskmaster

Post by taskmaster »

some people on here are missing the point with mo, dw mo are very good friends why do you think he has gone on latics board i think if mo went dw would also go aswell were would that leave us? worse case scenario dw would kick us out jjb and offload the warriors after all dw is a business man if mo was to go and we do get relegated the end of the season is a perfect time to offload us NL1 with no money behind us is not a great thought
AndyWright

Post by AndyWright »

the thing with moran and orr is... they were extremely good players at their old clubs, simply because they were surrounded by players that werent at the same standard of quality as there was when they first joined wigan. they are only average players now because they are surrounded by players with more skill than them.

for the time being nothing can be done except dropping players as there is no coach. but if it was up to me, id leave moran totally out of the team (he tries to direct things from 7 but he isnt a director, hes a back up to the director [if you get me???] ) and replace him with godwin, higham at 9, and maybe danny orr at 6 (purely because of his defensive abilities) because Calderwood is out i would split richards and dallas up, put gleeson centre to richards and goulding centre to dallas. ashton full back. and probably feka and seu seu up front with hargreaves and james in 2nd row.

ay work, may not. but there are some young players there that will put more effort in than most of the 1st team players.

as for lindsay leaving, i dont think that will make much difference either way, its not lindsay that drops the ball and misses tackles, allthough he does need some guidance on signing in-form class players
backin2006

Post by backin2006 »

y r we wantin maurice to go its our owner n money man that wantsa 2 go whealan hasnt put anythin in2 rugby its all about latics so whealan out
AndyWright

Post by AndyWright »

backin2006 posted:
y r we wantin maurice to go its our owner n money man that wantsa 2 go whealan hasnt put anythin in2 rugby its all about latics so whealan out
to be fair he has never said no to buying a player, he is there watchin almost every single match and he has even said the new coach will have full financial backing. after all.. why would he ignore a part of his business that makes him money? alrite the latics make most of his money, but the rugby team made most of his money before latics got promoted
betty britain

Post by betty britain »

as far as im concerned maurice lyndsey should never of come back to our club.he has not moved on from wigans glory days and tries to run the club the same way as then.....but superleague and rugby league have now moved on ...he hasnt.we dont get top players at wigan anymore we get former top players who have been injured and then want a couple more years earning a great amount.

mo may not drop the ball etc but he is the one who has brought these players here and so the BUCK STOPS HERE.....be a man mo and resign admit your limitations and leave us to get out this hole with out you
bamber

Post by bamber »

if DW, was allowed to spend then he would do,but he cant.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

taskmaster posted:
some people on here are missing the point with mo, dw mo are very good friends why do you think he has gone on latics board i think if mo went dw would also go aswell were would that leave us? worse case scenario dw would kick us out jjb and offload the warriors after all dw is a business man if mo was to go and we do get relegated the end of the season is a perfect time to offload us NL1 with no money behind us is not a great thought
He'd be a rubbish business man if he lost money on the Warriors, dropping them when they would definately remake SL when the franchise system comes into place (probably before) and then kicking them out of the JJB (which doesn't have power to do) thus losing further money. I've not got a business mind, but you post makes no sense.