Goalkicking

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Re: Goalkicking

Post by 100% Warrior »

How about if the club asked Frano over to train the goalkickers in the squad.

I'm not talking about a full time role, say for just a couple of weeks.

I'm sure after some coaching by Frano (probably the greatest goalkicker to have played for the club) we would see better consistency from our kickers.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

100% Warrior posted:
I'm sure after some coaching by Frano (probably the greatest goalkicker to have played for the club) we would see better consistency from our kickers.
Well, I suppose it would be a bit difficult to ask that other great kicker, Jim Sullivan, to help out!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
HindleyGreen28

Post by HindleyGreen28 »

LOL!! :lol1:
steve_oh

Post by steve_oh »

cpwigan posted:
Should we not gicve this to Richards full time. If need be get him a kicking coach etc. He has a good record in terms of not being injured, he will always be on the pitch unlike a forward and it could boost his confidence al a Frano Botica.
Richards has a reputation of being able to kick it a long way, but rather erratically it seems - would need a fair bit of time to develop accuracy as well, but this season we need a reliable kicker nowif we're to win tight games.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Saw this thread title and was expecting it to be about the try fest yesterday.
Biarritz 18 Bath 9.
How many tries scored? Nil

And they say kick and clap is boring :lol: :lol: :lol:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

why did Godwin start kicking?
To be the best
you have to beat the best
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

IM brought a kicking coach in to try to find an alternative to Tickle. He was correct in his view that a fiorward is unlikely to play the full 80 and it is thus not sensible to have one kicking but he then could not find an alternative. Godwin being the next best. However, I doubt Richards took part in this exercise as he was recovering from injury.
oval balls

Post by oval balls »

isn,t it about time we got pat richards to do some of the long range goal line dropouts he was so called good at. we were told he could drop a goal from under the sticks and kick it down to the opposition 40 metre line. we need this and follow it up with a good chase,but as yet i have to see it to believe it.
i am not knocking pat, but we should be utilizing the long goal line dropouts as much as poss and also the 40/20,s to give us valuable field position.basic rugby league.
wigans turning blue- my arse

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

oval balls posted:
and also the 40/20,s to give us valuable field position.basic rugby league.
You're having a laugh now, we've had our quota of 2 40/20 kicks already for this season...!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
pedro

Post by pedro »

oval balls posted:
isn,t it about time we got pat richards to do some of the long range goal line dropouts he was so called good at. we were told he could drop a goal from under the sticks and kick it down to the opposition 40 metre line. we need this and follow it up with a good chase,but as yet i have to see it to believe it.
i am not knocking pat, but we should be utilizing the long goal line dropouts as much as poss and also the 40/20,s to give us valuable field position.basic rugby league.
he does except it only goes 40 metres in our country. Must have been kicking at altitude in Aus :)